Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'99 Grandam. How do I remove front speaker grills?

ffactoryxx
01-31-2006, 05:52 PM
I have 1999 Grand am SE

So I am getting some infinity reference speakers both 6412cfps and 9613is for my car and have no clue how to remove the speaker grills!
Do the grills on the doors for the fronts ones pop offer or do i need to remove the paneling. How do i do that?

Do the back grills pop off or do I have to remove the paneling. Give me any details i need to know as I dont want to break anything.

brots06
01-31-2006, 07:29 PM
As for the front speakers you have to take off the whole door, theres screws under neath the window/lock switches, underneath the reflector at the bottom of the door, and one in the handle, once you get it off its very simple to change out the speaker but be carefull when your taking the door off and make sure you have all the screws out. As for the back you just need to take of the cover unhook the old ones and pop in the new ones.

ffactoryxx
01-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Do I need adapters for my new speakers or will the old clips clip right into the new infinities.

xeroinfinity
01-31-2006, 10:01 PM
brots06, you mean the door Panel, not the whole door.... :)

brots06
02-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah i assumed people would just know that... You can either buy adapters or just splice the wires, put them together and put some electric tape over em

Add your comment to this topic!