Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trouble with my 2003 Police Interceptor!

blade_48032
01-31-2006, 05:11 PM
When I am driving my 03 Police Interceptor from 0-60 I get this shaky feeling thats kind of jerky. It doesn't happen all the time but it seems like it's getting more frequent. My friend seems to think it could possibly be a spark plug or something like that. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

I was also wondering if anyone knew the stock horsepower and torque numbers for the 03 P71 and possible 1/4 times?

zekenator
02-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Check out www.crownvic.net, best site there is for these cars.

To answer your specific question about model specs and horsepower, go here: http://www.crownvic.net/liquid/

The hesitating you are describing sounds like it *could* be a dirty MAF. A dirty Mass Air Flow sensor will make the car surge and hesitate, sometimes will hunt for shift points, etc. Usually noticeable under partial/very little throttle. Spray your MAF out with carb cleaner ONLY (or MAF cleaner, but Gum Out carb cleaner works just fine). You may also try to clean the wires in the MAF with a cue tip soaked with carb cleaner, but only do this if you know what you're doing as those wires are VERY delicate and if you mess them up, you're boned.

Good luck.

-zeke

BMFer1
02-04-2006, 07:03 PM
How many miles on it? Have you ever tuned it up? MAF sensor can cause some issues, but the first place to look is at the basics-plugs, coils, fuel filter/fuel pressure, etc.

blade_48032
02-04-2006, 08:01 PM
The car only has 45,000 miles on it.

Add your comment to this topic!