Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rethinkin the project...???

matt11583
01-30-2006, 10:12 PM
ok...ive recently been asking a lot about building my integra to run 11's by summer of 07, but it is starting to get extremly pricey to rebuild the internals of this engine, adn still have money to turbo and build up chasis...im thinking im goin to go for a slightly lower goal....maybe mid to high 12's....if i get a turbo and never run it higher than 7-8 psi...will bottom end hold up ok....ill will still redo most of suspensoin and deffinatly brakes..but im hoping to avoid rebuilding the engine.....i will still change out cams n heads, maybe the valvetrain...but dont watn to do pistons and rods ect..will it be ok at 7-8psi and what type of times can i get with that level of boost???thanks for your help n sorry for kinda wasting time asking about 11's...i thought i would be a little cheaper to do but i was wrong...didnt think it through enough

TurboGSR96
01-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Search- Search- Search......Im a newbie technically and this pops up every damn week, but yes your bottom will be good for 7-8 psi, you can go mid 12's on stock bottom end. But you cannot beat the shit out of the car or it will fail, these cars were not designed to see boost or double the horsepower from the factory, something will fail on your redline 5th gear attempt. You will probably have to tap into the head for your goal and will need an ECU to adjust fuel and timing.

hxgaser
01-31-2006, 09:56 AM
7 to 8 pounds seem more resonable that 15 psi for a street car. Yeah, as TurboGSR96 stated it will probably hold as long as you drive it smooth. Run it everyday hard, and you are bound to run into some problems. It goes the same even for a stock engine.

Anyways, not only looking at the suspension and brakes, you should also take a look at your transmission. I was going to say you need a stronger clutch, but I am now remembering that you have an auto. To be honest with you, I don't know whole lot about automatic transmissions for Honda/Acura, but I think they are not designed for excessive power. You probably need a new torque converter, but I guess I don't even know if someone makes a high performance converter. Unless you beef up the tranny, I am pretty sure you will fry it with more than 250 horses, or 200 ft.lbs. of torque though. But you should do some research, because I never played with Honda Automatic transmission. Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!