98 seville sts northstar question

mcnu
01-30-2006, 04:33 PM
i just bought a 98 sts. i was reading a review of the car and it says that you can get a 275 hp motor or a 300 hp motor. my question is, how do you tell which one you have?? i am coping and pasting the article and the link. thanks in advance.

Overview
The 1998 Cadillac Seville is offered in two trim levels: the Seville Luxury Sedan (SLS) and the Seville Touring Sedan (STS). Both are offered standard with the Northstar System DOHC V8, StabiliTrak, all-speed traction control, and anti-lock brakes. The 4.6-liter Northstar V8 is available in 300 or 275 horsepower versions. StabiliTrak is the yaw control system that helps the driver maintain control in bad weather or during emergency maneuvers. Also standard is the continuously variable road-sensing suspension, which optimizes ride and handling on all types of roads. Seville features front and side air bags for the front seat occupants. The standard sound system is an AM-FM stereo system with cassette and CD player mounted in the dash.

http://www.intellichoice.com/reports/vehicleReport/vehicle_nmb/100005097/year/1998/make/Cadillac/model/Seville

butch h
01-31-2006, 02:54 PM
If you have the STS ,most likely ,it's the 300 hp.

mcnu
01-31-2006, 05:25 PM
i have been told that the sls has the 275 and the sts has the 300. thanks for the info.

Add your comment to this topic!