Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 Boneville Disabling Factory Security System

ronaldwille9
01-30-2006, 07:34 AM
How can I disable my factory security system on 97 Boneville. Everytime I use the key phob or use the electric lock switch on doors to lock the car the alarm will go off every 15-20 minutes. I can manually lock every door and this won't happen.

DaPhattsta
02-21-2006, 09:42 PM
You can ground the factroy alarm disarm wire and keep the factory alarm from going off. There is a light green wire in the door boot that will show positive current. If you have a test light, ground it, Strip back the coating on the light green wire, make the factory alarm sound and touch the test light to the light green wire. This should disarm the alarm. If that happens you can simply make you a ground right there behind the kick panel and ground the wire out to keep it from activating. I have seen this done many times and it has worked numerous occasions.

Hagenov
12-10-2006, 08:35 PM
You can ground the factroy alarm disarm wire and keep the factory alarm from going off. There is a light green wire in the door boot that will show positive current. If you have a test light, ground it, Strip back the coating on the light green wire, make the factory alarm sound and touch the test light to the light green wire. This should disarm the alarm. If that happens you can simply make you a ground right there behind the kick panel and ground the wire out to keep it from activating. I have seen this done many times and it has worked numerous occasions.

WHAT LT. GREEN WIRE THERE ARE 2 OF THEM. is it the thicker one or is it the skinner one? I dont want to cut all the wires to find it.

Add your comment to this topic!