Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

No HEAT!

nemesis67
01-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Ok, anybody that can give me some help, I'd really appreciate it. 2000 Chevy Malibu, the heater will not heat up until I have driven the car for five miles or so. I thought it was the themostat, but my brother says more than likely the heater core. I do not smell anti-freeze in the car and windows are clear. The car is not running hot at any time, however, when I open the door after driving, I do smell some anti-freeze. I have checked under the hood and cannot find a leak. Anybody got any thoughts or having similar problems?

bearcatdon
02-05-2006, 12:19 PM
A low antifreeze level will cause a no heat issue. Have you checked to make sure your topped up? If you smell antifreeze outside it may be your intake gasket. The pool forms on the LH side of the block. Search for intake manifold gasket on this forum you'll see how big of an issue this is with the Malibu's

tmjcar
02-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Try checking under the car after you get done driving, when you can smell the antifreeze. I had a similar experience and didn't find the leak until I got under the car.

Add your comment to this topic!