Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 prerunner lowering kits?????

joser
06-18-2002, 10:26 PM
i bought a prerunner not to go off roading but because the v6 engine not available in smaller tacomas i want to put 18x9.5 in the back and 18x8 in the front but the gap will be around 6 inches DOES ANY ONE KNOW A SITE OR PLACE I CAN GET THIS?? PLEASE HELP :confused: :confused: :confused:

musclesliver
06-26-2002, 07:12 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Why not just have gotten the SRunner that is a 6cyl that is a 4x2 and sits like a 4x2.

joser
06-26-2002, 08:20 PM
i didnt know about the s runner till a few moths ago,but i guess that will
be kind of expensive well im going to put 20's and try to find a shift kit to take out the delay of the first gear.do u know anywhere i can find one i have the venom 400 and k&n generation 2, dual exaust it moves but i need a quicker take of any ideas.:frog:

musclesliver
06-26-2002, 08:36 PM
Here is what you do.

First supercharge the SOB. Make sure you get the boost gauge and have that installed gets rid of most problems with the s/c

Next TRD headers (pain to put on and a little expensive but worth it)

Have a custom 3inch exhaust done

Visit http://www.gadgetonline.com/ for some fuel mods to do to the engine and some other ideas.

The shifting can be upgrade from a place http://www.levelten.com

What the hell is the Venom 400???

The KandN set is not really great for the Tacoma. You are better off cutting a hole in the stock airbox and putting a marine deckplate in the hole so you can cover it back up as needed. BTW you should probablely use the amsoil filter also. Don't even bother with any computer chips or anything like that.

'03DC3.4TRD4X4
09-10-2003, 08:37 AM
Your front suspension is somewhat adjustable so dial it all the way down and have your truck realigned. As for the back, I don't know, you could try removing a spring from the pack. If that won't work then consider turning them upside down. Just a thought.

Add your comment to this topic!