Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP!!! 91 regal lights not working

chevy110_1
01-28-2006, 03:30 PM
I have a 91 regal i just bought for $950cad with 117000 KM but the headlights, tail lights, and dash lights dont work. Dome light works dims and everything. I changed the switch anyways and they still dont work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tomogchi
01-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Easiest way to do this.
Run a positive wire from the battery and splice it in with the..........pink or orange wire to the headlight switch. Now i say splice because i tried just connecting it, and it didnt work, so i spliced it and it did work. Now considering im not sure on which wire it was, Buy a haynes manual, or have one of these wonderful folks hook you up with a headlight wiring diagram. (btw, the headlights are also ignition controlled (least in my 91 regal), so they may not turn on while the ignition is off.)
Bill

chevy110_1
02-13-2006, 10:19 AM
hey thanks for the advice. it got my mind going and I found the problem. Look under your rad support and there will be a bunch of wires in some loom. There is a thick red wire and has corroded away. Cut the wire 3 inches on either side of the corosion and re wire the little section and you will have lights. With no wire running from your battery.

Add your comment to this topic!