Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel Pump, Broken Turbo

sb5551
01-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Would a fuel pump that is on the fritz make it seem like the turbo is shot or show the same symptoms?

TcmaBoy
01-28-2006, 12:39 PM
No, if your fuel pump was going out you would have hard starting, hesitation, rough idle, and it would stall out. The engine would run rough through the enitere rpm range, if it runs at all. With a dead turbo the engine would run, but it would be down on power.

sb5551
01-31-2006, 07:16 PM
My engine has all the symptoms of a bad fuel pump, but while i was driving it one day before i took it to the shop it started puffing white smoke. It then lost all power; untill, i shut it off. Now it idles but, whenever i hit the gas it dies out the rpm's drop untill 0.

TcmaBoy
02-01-2006, 02:08 AM
Now we have a whole new story. Rough idle + stalling + white smoke=blown head gasket. Do a compression check to make sure.

sb5551
02-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I did this the head gasket is new. I went to the shop today to take a look at my car, and I found out that there is a little tube on or next to the 3000 pipe. It normally has a plug on it, but I think I over tightened the blow off valve and the increased pressure caused the rubber stopper to blow out. This would cause the same problem as a blown turbo. I am pretty sure. I was just driving it normally and it died so I don't know, except there is a whole from this tube in the intake pipe.

Add your comment to this topic!