Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

another problem

turbotalon95
01-27-2006, 09:09 PM
okay i put NGK Bpr6es plugs in and drove about 5 miles and the car dies. I do some tests and find out that the ignition module is bad. I replace that and then i get spark at 4 and 1 but not 2 and 3. i replace one coil pack and get spark at 2 and 3 but now not 4 and 1. so today i put a new coil in for 2 and 3 and i get a different set of plugs and im still getting spark at 2 and 3 but no 4 and 1 even with both packs being brand new. the motor turns but it doesnt sound like its firing at all. Someone from mitsubishi told me to check the timing belt and make sure its not broken or loose and then check the timing. I got fuel pressure and spark at 2 of the cylinders. I just dont understand how two cylinders wont fire the motor at all. Any help would be great.

l_eclipse_l
01-28-2006, 01:02 PM
What year and model do you have.

SLoe
01-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Someone from mitsubishi told me to check the timing belt and make sure its not broken or loose and then check the timing. Any help would be great.
WELL? Did you check?

turbotalon95
01-29-2006, 07:10 PM
sorry, i didnt really give you guys much info on the car. Its a 1995 eagle talon tsi fwd. pretty much stock except for the IC pipes, the intake, and the clutch kit. and yes i checked the timing belt and its still good. i talked to the guy who sold me the car and he told me he had the timing belt changed right before i got it. ive put about 10k miles on it since then. not sure if the timing is off but the belt is not loose at all so i dont think i would have jumped any teeth on the cam sprokets. again any help would be greatly appreciated. i really need to get this running again. thank you

turbotalon95
02-02-2006, 02:59 PM
okay i think i figured out what is wrong. i took my cam sproket cover off and the cams and timing belt are not spinning at all. first off will this cause spark in only 2 cylinders. i dont think the timing belt is broke though cuz the tension on it is still good. i think its the other little belt inside the timing cover. if that little belt broke will that cause the timing belt to not spin. another question.....i checked on vfaq to see how to change those belts and it says you need a special tool to release the tension. is that true? i really need to get this running cuz me and a couple buddies have a date to get all our cars dynoed. we already rented it for the day so i got about 2 weeks to get this car running. any help would be great. thanks.

SLoe
02-02-2006, 04:33 PM
okay i think i figured out what is wrong. i took my cam sproket cover off and the cams and timing belt are not spinning at all. first off will this cause spark in only 2 cylinders.

What do you mean? If the cams and timing belt are not spinning, how would it run?
Those "other little belts" are the balance shaft belts. Nothing to do with spark, unless they break and cause the timing belt to break.

i dont think the timing belt is broke though cuz the tension on it is still good.
How could it not be broken or incredibly loose it the cams aren't turning?

turbotalon95
02-03-2006, 01:12 PM
no the car does not run. i checked it while my brother just turned the motor over. a friend from work said the crank might be broken. but the car will not start.

Add your comment to this topic!