Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Splitting the Audio Forum

vinnym86
01-27-2006, 02:07 AM
i'm having a thought here:
you guys think we should bring up an IWC poll to split this subforum in two? like a "newb Questions" and "Advanced Questions" part?
im just kinda noticing repeated questions and stuff, i know i've posted similarly repetetive noobish questions before, so it'd be nicer to have that seperated, you know?

input?

germanyt
01-27-2006, 02:00 PM
sounds good, i also like the way CA.com has general, speakers, subs, amps, h/u etc. separated

AndonD454
01-27-2006, 04:07 PM
honestyl i dotn think AF gets enough traffic to sepperate forums.. i mean i think forums should be seperated but as it is this one doesnt get more than like 25 posts in a day

also.. i think the newb and advanced thing might not work out so well.. how would you define i newb question and an advanced one? people who dont knwo their noob status would be posting in the advanced forum about how to bridge and amp and that kinda shit just because to them, that IS an advanced question

plus how many times would you be going into the noob section just to answer dumb questions? i think youll have noobs everywhere no matter what but hey thats the point of forums anyways people learn and help others just liek they were helped.. cant hate on noobs all the time cause we all were noobs and most of us at this forum still are, myself included

i kinda just rambled but some of it should make sense..

directory
01-27-2006, 06:43 PM
im just kinda noticing repeated questions and stuff, i know i've posted similarly repetetive noobish questions before, so it'd be nicer to have that seperated, you know?

just start answering all of the questions with "use the search, you fool!" or :dupe: or :dunno:

directory
01-27-2006, 06:44 PM
plus how many times would you be going into the noob section just to answer dumb questions?..

true

i kinda just rambled but some of it should make sense..

makes sense to me

vinnym86
01-27-2006, 07:00 PM
makes sense. thanks for the input

AndonD454
01-27-2006, 08:57 PM
yeah any time.. i do wish there was more traffic here though.. cuase i liek splitting forums into like subs, HUs, amps, speakers, etc.

Add your comment to this topic!