Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

V10 no power

vwtoyhonda
01-26-2006, 07:35 PM
:banghead: hello i have Had my 2500 for three years it’s a ’95 and on and off since I’ve owned it. Sometimes it feels like all cylinders are not firing under extended warranty the wires& plugs have been changed twice the fuel pump and sending unit have been replaced as well as the coils (the six pack as well as the four pack) along with the starter twice during all of which my truck has not given any codes and i would like help thanks

TurboDuck
01-26-2006, 10:08 PM
I can't say if it's the same prob I had, but I just bought a '98 V10. It had a few issues when I bought it. Your problem sounds similar to mine. It was basically running on 1/2 the engine most of the time until I got to about 2/3 throttle, then it would take off on all 10. Anyway, I found that someone had somehow switched the o2 sensor wires. The computer (PCM) never did have any codes, but it sure ran like crap. After I switched them back, it ran great, and I finally got an error code. That turned out to be a bad o2 sensor.

Good luck.

Stevo2
01-28-2006, 01:01 AM
:banghead: hello i have Had my 2500 for three years it’s a ’95 and on and off since I’ve owned it. Sometimes it feels like all cylinders are not firing under extended warranty the wires& plugs have been changed twice the fuel pump and sending unit have been replaced as well as the coils (the six pack as well as the four pack) along with the starter twice during all of which my truck has not given any codes and i would like help thanks

Might want to review some of the Service Bulletins here and see if that may help you. If it's a general lack of power you might have a cat converter/muffler that is plugging up?
http://dodgeram.info/tsb

vwtoyhonda
01-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks i'll check the o2 and cat. when my wife comes back with my truck

Add your comment to this topic!