Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

problem with 98 Jimmy SLT....PLEASE HELP!!!

elusive84
01-25-2006, 10:00 PM
ok i will try to describe the problem the best i can.

first off my engine light stays on at all times and all of my guages are not working...the jimmy also lacks power and it almost feels like you're pulling something... like for instance if your at a complete stop and let go of the brakes the jimmy doesn't start rolling like it usually used to do...it seems like the engine is pulling in lots of air and sounds like its overworking itself but not producing the power but it's guzzling gas like never before.

first i thought the problem was related to the oxygen sensor located in the exhaust...got that replaced and the light is still present, no guages, lack of power, etc.

so i moved on and thought the problem was related to an issue where my key wouldn't come out of the ignition when i turned off the jimmy. i thought this because when sometimes the key would come out and you restarted the car the engine light would go out and all the guages would start working once again and the usual jimmy power comes back. the mechanic said the key stuck issue was related to some ignition cylinder but that turned out to be false and it was some magnetic switch that caused the problem which was bypassed and now the key comes out like it should but the engine light is still present(also guages not working, lack of power)??

for the love of god i hope some of you experts out there will be able to give me some insight as to what the problem with my jimmy is.. :frown:

jd-autotech
01-25-2006, 10:11 PM
what are stored in the codes car?

rlith
01-27-2006, 07:00 AM
You need to go to autozone or advance autoparts and have them pull the codes that are being set in your truck. It could be anything from a bad cat to a bad fuel injector to everything in between. Get the codes pulled then post here.

Add your comment to this topic!