Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turbo Kit

quackmandude
01-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey guys, i'm trying to peice together a TT kit for my self, but i dont really wanna just get a vr4 and part it out, tho that may be the best way to go, but for one, this is the first time i put a turbo on ANY CAR, ima muscle guy at heart, all engine. but i really want a TT kit. Um i can get the turbos for realy cheap, will any (identical) work? I mean not HUGE turbos, but bigger than the stock vr4s. also i want the front mount, how do u connect the one intercooler to both turbos, may sound lika dumb question but i just wanna know, and any help finding a good front mout that'll work?? umm i can fing vr4 manifolds to fro cheap. I cant forget the boost controller either. Is there anything other than the oil and water lines that i am over looking, like modifacation to the front, or intake? well any help and/or pics would help A LOT, thanks yall!

Peace it

Dreamspawn
01-26-2006, 12:17 AM
front mount intercooler check 3sxperformance.com as for other things lower compression pistons out of a vr4 rt/tt, as for turbos anythign is possible keep in mind if you putting this to you frotn wheels you want to make sure that your axels will hold up and boost curve isnt' to harsh at first to preven the previous stated.

VR43000GT
01-26-2006, 11:09 AM
read the FAQ

xXxRocker5150
01-26-2006, 04:20 PM
make sure you buy an LSD in case you don't already have one...

if you wanna put on bigger turbos, get some bigger injectors too. Also, as for turbo suggestions, I'd get 13b's (I think thats their name) because they're bigger than stock, but not too massive. Good luck man...

Add your comment to this topic!