Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mid pipes with or without cat....

figo_madrid04
01-25-2006, 09:16 AM
I want to know the difference in sound and noise between the mid pipes that are for off road (without cats) and the ones with race cats ect.....

the prices differ alot so i wanted to know would i be more likely to be pulled over for the noise if i were to drive without cats and just ride with midpipes????

any help appreciated.........thanks

xXxRocker5150
01-25-2006, 05:41 PM
If you get pulled over, and they found out you have no cats, you can get in SERIOUS ass trouble... where do you live btw, because that plays a big role...

High flow cats will still be plenty loud and give you a nice performance gain too, that's what I'd do...

k3smostwanted
01-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I want to know the difference in sound and noise between the mid pipes that are for off road (without cats) and the ones with race cats ect.....

the prices differ alot so i wanted to know would i be more likely to be pulled over for the noise if i were to drive without cats and just ride with midpipes????

any help appreciated.........thanks
if you are not worried about getting in trouble with the police for not having cats and you have no emission tests, then you should just get testpipes with no cats. on a Twin Turbo this is the best option...if you had an N/A it might be a different story.

figo_madrid04
02-09-2006, 09:53 AM
i live in MD, and i dont need to worry about the emiissions test, but the cops here are will be hard on you if they stop you for speeding or some other type of moving violation do to speed..... then they check, but you know if get pulled over all you need to do is shut off your engine before he comes to you window..........any thoughts??????

thanks

figo_madrid04
02-09-2006, 09:54 AM
btw how can i post my image........ ive tried alot and cant figure it out

Broke_as_****
02-09-2006, 02:38 PM
You are trying to post an image off your hard drive.

Go to imageshack.us and upload your image there, then put the URL they give you in where you have your C:\ location right now.

And get rid of the space between the end of the URL and the [/IMG].

xXxRocker5150
02-09-2006, 06:55 PM
i live in MD, and i dont need to worry about the emiissions test, but the cops here are will be hard on you if they stop you for speeding or some other type of moving violation do to speed..... then they check, but you know if get pulled over all you need to do is shut off your engine before he comes to you window..........any thoughts??????

thanks

I don't get it, they don't do emissions testing but if a cop pulls you over, you can get busted for not having cats??? or for being too loud... which one is it?? If it's the loudness, put the resonator back on your intake (I'm assuming that it's off) or get some silenced muffler tips... that is, if you go with the race pipe setup.

TerminalVelocity
02-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I would go with the pipes sans cats. Just be carefully, dont go hotroding around the police! I know it happens, but just be carefull, upshift when your in town so your exaust is quiter. Ride 5th instead of 4th kinda deal.

k3smostwanted
02-09-2006, 07:39 PM

thanks
if you have a TT, as long as you dont fly by a cop with the pedal mashed the exhaust isnt that loud. Turbos are big resonators in themselves quieting the exhaust without the help of cats. so, as long as you have a cat-back with mufflers...i would get the testpipes (no cats).

you sitting at idle...a cop will know you have something done to the exhaust but it wont be loud enough for him to suspect that you dont have cats.

good luck...i think you will be surprised on how the TT isnt that loud even with a straight through exhaust

Add your comment to this topic!