Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Considering MODS

01-24-2006, 09:48 PM
I have a stock '90 ZX and have a couple of questions about mods

If I were to go the I/H/E route and cut it off there, what cars could I expect to keep up with? Just curious of your opinions - thanks

xXxRocker5150
01-24-2006, 10:06 PM
well if you go to www.twinturbo.net they have a power expectancy chart... either way I'd say you'd prolly be at 220-230WHP which is in 2004 and down mustangs, all turbo DSMs (in stock form)... IDK man, like what do you want to be beating??? I'd add a lightweight Underdriver pulley set to that set of mods, and an ECU reburn and you'd really be whoping other cars...

freakonaleash1187
01-25-2006, 06:58 AM
need more information. do you have a non-turbo or twin turbo?

01-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Sorry - N/A

I just don't know if I want to put some money into it if I wont be able to keep up with any cars that I couldn't keep up with before, you know? Will it make a difference or should I just keep it stock and save up for a new car down the road?

Hodo
01-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Well your best bet would be the TT swap, its cheaper, not to difficult and can make for a NASTY Z down the road.

xXxRocker5150
01-25-2006, 05:10 PM
ohh, the mods WILL make a difference... the single greatest mod you can do for an N/A car is headers (that's why I guessed that he was n/a Jared).

N/A you can prolly make about 300ish BHP without any nitrous... that's pretty damn good man, considering you don't have to give up fuel economy in the process... now IDK how much money all this'll cost, but if you plan on doing a TT swap, you can still keep some things, such as the intake and the cat-back exhaust *assuming you get a 2.5"*

k3smostwanted
01-25-2006, 08:13 PM
well if you go to www.twinturbo.net they have a power expectancy chart... either way I'd say you'd prolly be at 220-230WHP which is in 2004 and down mustangs, all turbo DSMs (in stock form)... IDK man, like what do you want to be beating??? I'd add a lightweight Underdriver pulley set to that set of mods, and an ECU reburn and you'd really be whoping other cars...
nah...getting over 200whp is a pretty good feat. for a N/A. after that point most people stop or do a TT swap.

you might see 250rwhp with a hefty shot of nitrous. i wouldnt expect much more.

xXxRocker5150
01-26-2006, 04:07 PM
^I read on tt.net (I think) that if you get the following, you'll make perty damn good power; intake, headers, exhaust, high flow cat, UD pulleys, computer reburn... I don't remember what the other stuff is, but I mean that should be good for like 250-270bhp... either way, 200RWHP is like 230ish bhp rite??? I mean that's practically stock form... just my 2 cents

k3smostwanted
01-26-2006, 04:24 PM
^I read on tt.net (I think) that if you get the following, you'll make perty damn good power; intake, headers, exhaust, high flow cat, UD pulleys, computer reburn... I don't remember what the other stuff is, but I mean that should be good for like 250-270bhp... either way, 200RWHP is like 230ish bhp rite??? I mean that's practically stock form... just my 2 cents

nah...ask freak.

most N/A's dont dyno very high. in stock form that usually dyno around 180-190rwhp. and they dont exactly take that well too mods.

if you have all bolt ons you could possibly make close to 220rwhp with a N/A and with a nice shit of nitrous you could get close to 300rwhp, but alot of that is hopeful wishing.

you could make some good money with an N/A you just have to spend alot of money. and when you spend that much money, you might as well just do a TTswap. its much more satisfying...

Add your comment to this topic!