Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need a new system money not really an option

Eclipse racer
01-24-2006, 09:38 PM
WHats up guys.. Im new to the whole car audio thing. I have stock front and rear speakers, I have a 98 honda prelude. If money wasnt an option (resonably i dont have a 1000 bux to spend on 4 speakers) What would be the best speakers to get... I already have a sub so i need the best front and rear speakers... What do you guys think?

vinnym86
01-24-2006, 09:59 PM
WHats up guys.. Im new to the whole car audio thing. I have stock front and rear speakers, I have a 98 honda prelude. If money wasnt an option (resonably i dont have a 1000 bux to spend on 4 speakers) What would be the best speakers to get... I already have a sub so i need the best front and rear speakers... What do you guys think?

i think 'best' is too broad a catagory, but i'll humor you.

Try the CDT CL61-A's for about $130 a pop, and just buy any 40 doallar coax for rear fill, like phoenix gold.

sr20de4evr
01-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Money isn't an option? What are you planning on doing, stealing everything?

PaulD
01-25-2006, 12:01 AM
speakers are THE most important things in the stereo ....... look in the newbie thread , one of the posts is a list of manufacturers put into categories. I highly suggest you listen before buying.

P.S. I think he meant money not an ISSUE

Jet-Lee
01-25-2006, 09:46 AM
I'd say you should get a HU first, then get 2 channel amp(if your hu isn't very strong) and time-align it, then get your speakers. Well, I guess you could get the speakers before time-aligning it, but I still stick with getting the hu first, especially if money isn't an issue.

wojtas
01-26-2006, 10:51 AM
I like the infinity cappas for both the front and the rear speakers, preferable plates. Also, u should buy a new hu and run new speaker cables (larger gauge) if u r buying expensive speakers. U should also get an amp if the hu doesnt give a large enough peak output. A 3 fared capacitor is also within your price range, for your subs not your speakers.

CBFryman
01-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Most go HU - Speakers - Amp -Subs

Or just skip the HU like myself :)

though plans look like that will be changing by this time next year, and a few other things about my system.

Pavlo
01-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Infinity referance are good lower end speakers. I have them all around right now, but planning on getting components up front as I now run an amp for them.
I actually went like this with the stereo Speakers & HU > sub > amp for the spk. > new box for the sub.

Add your comment to this topic!