1994 mirage cold air intake

xtreme barton
01-24-2006, 05:39 PM
i did a little messing around and midified my stock air box and was thinking of getting true cold air intake setup..

i found car to have alot more power than before ...plus it sounded better when you gave it gas, gave a deeper sound..

what effects does this have on gas mileage ?

obviously the harder you drive the worse it will be but what about cruising through town ??

would it be best to install only whne i plan on doing fast driving or will it only be very minimal effect on fuel economy ?

job0202
01-26-2006, 10:58 PM
i did a little messing around and midified my stock air box and was thinking of getting true cold air intake setup..

i found car to have alot more power than before ...plus it sounded better when you gave it gas, gave a deeper sound..

what effects does this have on gas mileage ?

obviously the harder you drive the worse it will be but what about cruising through town ??

would it be best to install only whne i plan on doing fast driving or will it only be very minimal effect on fuel economy ?

yeah it does sound a lot better. when i purchased a short-ram airfilter, the box say that if you have a high airflow in your engine the better your fuel efficiency and it saves gas also. i dont beleive it. but there's not much difference when i am cruising arround. just feather the throtle a little bit. because it is not like before , the gas pedal is more softer when you install the new air filter. i shift gear from 2200 to 3000 rpm when im just cruising.

if you are thinking of getting a cold-air intake sys. you are required to install a water bypass valve to prevent the water from entering yoour engine when it is raining or wet, bacause cold air is located normally from the fender or in the buttom of the engine bay.

Add your comment to this topic!