Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.
Read Me Before Posting!!!
01-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Hello, and welcome to the GMC forums. We are always happy to get new members. Feel free to assist others with their problems or ask for help with your own, but be aware that there are a few rules that everyone must follow.
Please read the forum guidelines (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/guidelines.html). All members are expected to follow these simple rules.
If you have an issue that you need assistance with, there is a very good chance that you will find help here. Our members are very knowledgeable, and would be happy to assist you. Due to the high volume of traffic that this site sees, there is a procedure that must be followed to insure that everyone receives quality help in the shortest amount of time.
1. Use the search feature. There is a great wealth of knowledge that can be achieved with that little search button.
2. If you still need further assistance start your own thread. DO NOT post your question in someone else’s thread, this only creates confusion.
3. Make sure that your thread includes:1. A clear title. Make sure it gives a hint as to what information you are seeking. Threads with titles like “HELP!” or “Need help with……” are often ignored, because they are obnoxious.
2. Vehicle information. List the Year, Model, Engine (eighth letter of the VIN #), and Miles or KM.
3. A detailed description of the problem. The more information you provide will allow us to better assist you.
4. When your Check Engine or Service Engine Soon light is on, your car’s computer has detected something that needs attention. When this occurs there is a trouble code stored. When possible please include this code. See the topic “List of OBD II Codes (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=425701)” for more information.
5. List any recent work that has been done, and any attempts made to fix the current problem.
4. Please only post your thread once. Multiple threads are only an annoyance, and do nothing to improve response time. (unless you're seeking a negative response :evillol: )
5. After posting your thread please be patient. The members of this forum are volunteers and have lives outside of AF. As soon as someone that has information about your problem sees your question, they will reply.
All "For Sale" and "Want to Buy" ads are to be posted in the Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1269) section.
Automotive Network, Inc., Copyright ©2013