Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Civic in Japan

willimo
01-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Ok, so this is sort of a modeling question. In Hiro's Tokyo Auto Salon link, there was a Tein Civic coupe, but it was LHD. What I'm wondering is if they are selling the coupe in Japan, or if it's just a foreign market car? Looking at Honda.co.jp, there's only the sedan and hybrid sedan, not even a sign of the hatch yet (though, how can there not be one?!). I'm asking because I'm curious of the possibility of getting the new coupe in kit form; I doubt Revell would do it after their Tuner lineup did so poorly (half their fault, half not), and you know Aoshima or Fujimi won't do it unless they're cruisin' around the street of Japan.

hirofkd
01-23-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm sorry to tell you but I think the chance of seeing the Civic coupe in kit form is slim. Honda decided to drop coupe from their line-up in Japan. "Japan's hatchback market is dominated by the Fitt/Jaz class vehicles," says a Honda exec. No coupe in Japan means no kit. Personally, I like the Euro hatchback most.

blubaja
01-23-2006, 10:36 PM
You and your honduhs...Where is my 05/06 STi!!!!!? I would like to see a new civic 2 door kit tho. They look hott!!..(I am kinda working for Honda now and then..so...) Good luck will. I will help you in your crusade for the full development, and sales of a JDM civic coupe 1:1. <--drunk...

willimo
01-23-2006, 10:37 PM
So, are they not going to even introduce a hatch to carry the CTR marque?

blubaja
01-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Haa!! Make way for the FTR!!! Or is that JTR? Fit looks cool too. But it's old.

willimo
01-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I just want more generations of Civic in scale.

85-88 CRX (Tamiya)
89-92 CRX (Fujimi)
92-95 Civic Hatch (Hasegawa)
96-99 Civic Hatch (Fujimi)
00-05 Civic Hatch (Yuck)(Fujimi)
06+ ???

I've only the EP and the old Tamiya CRX left to have all the kitted generations done.

D_LaMz
01-23-2006, 11:19 PM
pics?

Hiroboy
01-24-2006, 12:58 AM
http://www.hiroboy.org/gallery/albums/tas-2006/normal_tokyo-auto-salon-2006-075.jpg

http://www.hiroboy.org/gallery/albums/tas-2006/normal_tokyo-auto-salon-2006-074.jpg

fujiwara takumi
01-24-2006, 08:17 AM
there is a hasport civic SI like that too and another tuner branch got one. they had it on speed the other day. im really confused by your post but i know that the US is not getting a hatch this year, the SI is going to be a coupe and that's that. i dont even think theyre going to sell a hatch in crap-trim like they traditionally have. the EP sales really languished and they're just not worth exporting.

as far as the CTR i havent heard anything about that.

winstona
01-24-2006, 11:15 AM
I am almost 100% positive I saw this car featured in one of the shows in Speed Channel USA. This is a US car tuned by a TEIN of America. Notice also in the first picture bottom right hand corner, the sign reads TEIN USA.

Winston

fujiwara takumi
01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
I am almost 100% positive I saw this car featured in one of the shows in Speed Channel USA. This is a US car tuned by a TEIN of America. Notice also in the first picture bottom right hand corner, the sign reads TEIN USA.

Winston

yah i dvr'd that show, watched it last saturday i think.

Mean_B16
01-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Ok, so this is sort of a modeling question. In Hiro's Tokyo Auto Salon link, there was a Tein Civic coupe, but it was LHD. What I'm wondering is if they are selling the coupe in Japan, or if it's just a foreign market car? Looking at Honda.co.jp, there's only the sedan and hybrid sedan, not even a sign of the hatch yet (though, how can there not be one?!). I'm asking because I'm curious of the possibility of getting the new coupe in kit form; I doubt Revell would do it after their Tuner lineup did so poorly (half their fault, half not), and you know Aoshima or Fujimi won't do it unless they're cruisin' around the street of Japan.

This is a pretty interesting thread but I was actually very suprised to hear that Revells tuner line was not successfull?? (profit wise) I know the kits could be alot better but I really thought most people were ok with it.I know the more you learn about cars and model cars the more you notice lack of detail in said model but I was under the impression that most people that build don't quite have the eye that some do, so I would think that would not hinder the sales too much. I guess being a Honda guy and seeing how many people are the same I thought the Honda Tuners would still sell like crazy??

So how bad did they do?????

willimo
01-24-2006, 10:05 PM
The Integra did well, and I think the Si did as well as any others. But then they did the hatch, which had to compete with the Fujimi kit which looks better and is easier to modify, even though it's a curbside. The Eclipse and 92-95 Civic came with those awful body kits and I don't think did all that well. And the RSX and WRX never did well enough to warrant breaking the shackles of diecast bodies.

This is all heresay, but heresayed by various sources if I recall correctly.

Mean_B16
01-24-2006, 11:34 PM
The Integra did well, and I think the Si did as well as any others. But then they did the hatch, which had to compete with the Fujimi kit which looks better and is easier to modify, even though it's a curbside. The Eclipse and 92-95 Civic came with those awful body kits and I don't think did all that well. And the RSX and WRX never did well enough to warrant breaking the shackles of diecast bodies.

This is all heresay, but heresayed by various sources if I recall correctly.

Cool, that actually seems right sicne that is about the same way I feel about the kits in the order you mentioned them.
Sucks about the RSX though because I really want that one in plastic so I can start all my K-swaps!!!!

freakmech
01-25-2006, 12:38 AM
This is just speculation Will but id have to say the poor sales of the Revell Tuner series were more due to the fact that AMT got the F&F liscense. This means that the "kids" these kits were marketed toward were much more likely to buy the movie cars then the Revell tuners. Then due to bad AMT tooling, the kids where turned off from building all together instead of going back for that Revell kit they almost buoght. They instead went back and bought Die-cast. In the end i believe Die-cast killed any possibility of future "tuner" releases what so ever leaving AMT and Revell with a bad taste in there mouth after this "test market" and they've decided re-issues of old cars is still the way to turn a profit.

But what do i know?

mbwoods
01-25-2006, 10:36 PM
never mind that how about a model of this UK built Civic (1st in class with 6speed manual and 6speed auto gearbox)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/brian.woods93/civic.bmp
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/brian.woods93/civic2.bmp
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/brian.woods93/civic3.bmp

Add your comment to this topic!