Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

vr 4 questions

kdiddy8
01-23-2006, 08:41 PM
My first question is, what is a downpipe, what does it do, and where does it go? second question is, what does it mean to gut cats, what does that do. last question is whats a turbo timer? where does it go, and what does it do???

youngvr4
01-23-2006, 08:53 PM
My first question is, what is a downpipe, what does it do, and where does it go? second question is, what does it mean to gut cats, what does that do. last question is whats a turbo timer? where does it go, and what does it do???

downpipe is part of the exhaust, many times eliminating the cats.

gutting the cats is bascically removing parts out of the catalytic converter for better airflow.

turbo timer allows your car to run after you remove your keys and get out of the car so your turbo's can cool down

Dreamspawn
01-23-2006, 08:53 PM
To gut your cats means to strip out the insides like you gut your interior for a race car. It allows more air to come out of the exhaust thus less back pressure. On the contray of common belief turbo is not free power you need air/fuel mixture, cool air, and the least amount of back pressure you can get. Turbo timer is to cool your turbos down after driving alot of ppl seem to think they are a waste. Ass for exactly where you hook it up off the top of my head idk. here is a nice downpipe installtion http://www.team3s.com/~egross/3S/Mods/TT/StDP/

Edit: Found a install for a blitz turbo timer

Dreamspawn
01-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Dang young you must have beat me by seconds grr beat again

AutostradaVR4
01-23-2006, 08:59 PM
a turbo timer hooks into your ignition wires coming from your ECU. If it has other modes of functions, it may also hook into the speed sensor wire, rpm sensor wire, etc. As far as the control box, it can go anywhere you want. ive got mine mounted on top of the steering colomn

youngvr4
01-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Dang young you must have beat me by seconds grr beat again

i tend to do that:iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!