Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Amp and speaker setup

Eamon_Byrne
01-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Ive had trouble connecting the amp power cable to the battery as there is no way to get from the bulk head to the boot of the car, does anyone kno how to do this without damaging the car? Cheers :grinno:

106spazzy
09-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Sorry for reviving an half dead post, but recently i have also been having this problem does anyone know how to?

Eamon_Byrne
09-11-2006, 11:34 AM
I figured it out in the end, the bonnet release cable goes up under the passenger airbag and through asmall gromit. I took out the rubber inserts which surrounded the cable and using a coathanger managed to pull the power cable through, its actually easier if you acces this gromit from the front passenger side wheel arch. P.S its a b*tch to do and takes time and cut arms lol. :banghead:

matwales106
08-31-2007, 08:18 AM
i have a phase 1 106 i don't know but yours could be the same. try running the cable up the inside of your passenger wing so it comes out by the door, once it is there pop a small hole in the rubber where the speaker wires goes from the door to the body. then pull your carpet away from under your glove box and thread the cable in there.

Add your comment to this topic!