Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

obd2 to obd1 conv. harness question

hatchman
06-16-2002, 08:24 PM
we're doing a swap in a 97 civic ex coupe (obd2). the engine that we are going with is a obd1 jdm gsr. my question is that i'm using the ex wire harness and almost everything plugs in,(i changed out the distributor and alternator to get those plugs to work and i hard wired obd1 injector plugs to the obd2 harness let me know if i shouldnt have done that) but there are 2 plugs that i cannot find a place to plug them in on the obd1 gsr. "plug 1" was located behind the alternator on the back side of the ex engine and a wire ran from there to what seems like the inside of the engine next to the main engine pully and thats not on the obd1 gsr. "plug 2" is on the top of the fuel rail of the ex engine, its in the same cluster of wires as the injectors, but i cant find out where to plug this in to the gsr engine. and finally (sorry so long of a message) we are ordering an obd2 to one conversion harness and i was wondering if when thats installed do we still have to do wiring changes or do we just plug it into the obd1 ecu and crank it up.
RECAPP
what are those 2 plugs?
and do i still need to add or change wires in the harness with the obd2 to obd1 conversion harness from Skunk 2?

Rgacke
06-19-2002, 07:56 AM
theres the possiability that those two wires just arn't used. In order to make sure, just compare the ECU pin outs between each other. I believe that the harness doesn't need to be modified when using the skunk2 adapter

SFF900
06-19-2002, 05:38 PM
what you did with the fuel injector plugs is correct..you have to use the fuel injector plugs from the obd (gsr) harness so that they will go on the gsr injectors. The only advice i can give you on the rest is (i assume you have a manual) go through every sensor and check that the wire colors are correct.

Add your comment to this topic!