Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 SRT-4 oil leak

lopansideshow
01-21-2006, 10:33 PM
I just got a used 04 SRT4 last week. but i noticed that it leak oil. it is leaking from the driver side front bumper. I put it on a rack and it looks to be dripping down the up pipe from the intercooler. I toke it into dodge and they told me that it is a common thing for the neon and that chrysler said that there was no fix for it. Has anyone else had any problem like this. My car has 29000 miles. Right back if anyone has info

TEXSRT4
01-21-2006, 10:42 PM
totally normal. it has to do with teh pcv system. as the pcv dumps oil vapor into the throttle body, some pools and, with the way the TB is directed, it naturally flows downhill. meaning that oil pools in your intercooler. this leak is totally normal. get onto www.srtforums.com adn do a search for catchcan. taht will get rid of it, but be aware that it is technically not legal in any state, to install a catchcan setup in your emissions system

srt4srsexy
01-25-2006, 02:39 AM
yes u need to put catch can on there.you can make one for 20 bucks its on srt4 forums search for it also.if you see oil coming from pipe you need to check for boost leak.srt forums also has the stuff needed to build boost leak tester.has your boost gone down get someone to watch it and what it boost to.i have half can full of oil in one week from catch can.good luck to you.:bigthumb:

black o4 319hp 355 torque:

TEXSRT4
01-25-2006, 09:13 PM
thats a lot of oil in the catchcan. you might want to do a compression check to see hwo your rings are. that seems like a lot of blowby. i have very little oil in mine

srt4srsexy
01-25-2006, 11:58 PM
i pulled it out to dump it to day and it was only 1/4 from bottom . just looked like alot plus i have very small one maybe 3 inches long.i drove over 500 miles not to bad.it is worse on new ones.:bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!