Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help No Start

stevieracer49
01-21-2006, 09:21 PM
:banghead: I've been rackin my brain out on this one, 94 Buick lesabre 3800, if I spray starting fluid in the car will fire up then it shuts down like somebody turned the key off scanned it out got code PO341 camshaft position sensor
so I replaced that I took the ignition module off and took it to auto zone and tested out fine. the fuel pressure is right in spec. with the scanner I read the rpm's at 200-225. I read in the postings here that if you can read the rpm's the crank sensor is fine. I am kind of stumped, any help would be appreciated Thanx Steve, excuse the grammer please
P.S. I changed the plugs and wires 2 weeks before the problems started....i also replaced all the vacuam hoses
:banghead:

HotZ28
01-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Well, it sounds as if you have spark and fuel pressure, so your next step would be to use a noid light to test the injectors and see if they are pulsing.

stevieracer49
01-22-2006, 01:12 AM
thats what I figured I'll have to run and get some at harbour freight Thx

stevieracer49
01-23-2006, 10:43 AM
have to make my own harbour freight was out ...Just my luck.

Thx Steve

stevieracer49
01-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Well, got it fixed after the noid lite test of course the car fired right up the lite was flashing along,then just like if you turned the key off it died lite quit flashing. I decided to check the RPM's again while I was crankin I didn't have any reading I figured that the only sensor that would give me a rpm reading would be the crankshaft sensor so I replaced it car fired up..How would a person check this out with out a scanning tool? could get expensive just replacing sensors or control modules...thx for all the help Steve:grinyes: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

kram5527
02-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Usually an oscilloscope will help with troubleshootig sensors, they show the waveform that the sensor is producing (both frequency and amplitude). I use a velleman HPS10 oscilloscope (use your favorite search engine and it lists on ebay for ~$125) not bad if you do work with electronics or sensors. By the way, it also functions well as a voltmeter.

Hope this is helpful

Bassasasin
02-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Interesting.. I Banged out a CRANKshaft sensor problem.. too..(took months). Now its happy..I swapped everything I could reach.. IgModule, Comuter, Camshaft sensor, Bugged out the wiring. Phantom Indicators were wild.. Spedometer swings.. dash lights.. Bucking at high speed, Phantom stalling.. but CAMshaft sensor was the only error. I finally had to take it to a shop and say JUST CHANGE THE CRANKSHAFT SENSOR. .($100) Vualah.. or is that WALAH!! problem solved.

BillD
02-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Any check engine light? My car did what I call "flash" stalling. In other words the red idiot lights by the gauges would flash and the engine would die for a second and then it would run again. The computer stored cam, crank, and spark timing sensor faults. Turned out to be the ECM itself that was bad. Swapped a used one in from Ebay and runs great now.

BD

Add your comment to this topic!