Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cali Meet - 7-13: Roll Call!!

Kaneto
06-16-2002, 04:22 AM
Alright, lets find out who's coming!
I'll be posting and maintaining this both here and PH. You only need to sign up in one place.

First, read up here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t45052-2.html) to get the new updated plans.

Please post your screen name, your real name, other people you're bringing, your ride, and where you're coming from. This should let everyone know who will be there, and will also help for those people who want to come but don't have their own ride to get there yet.

To start:

1) Kaneto - Shaun - 91 CRX - San Diego.
2) Kaneto's Friend - Jason, with girl - 92 Accord - San Diego.

:D

Kaneto
06-18-2002, 09:58 AM
The list so far...

3) RedY2KCivic - Lindy - 00 Civic - Rocklin (up near Sac town)
4) Matty Matt (SilverY2KCivic) and possibly extra baggage (Imean person)
5) Jaron95 - Jaron - 92 Civic - Anaheim (probably. Might bring gf, too.)
6) Legacy - Dave - RPS13? - Hacienda Heights (probably, not for HIN)
7) LegacyGIRL - Nic - 00 Accord Sedan - Hacienda Heights - (probably, not for HIN)

RedY2KCivic
06-19-2002, 08:29 PM
Well I know DarknessRS is caravaning down with me, I think with 2 people.....he just hasn't signed up yet, so keep a spot open for him too, whenever he gets his lazy butt around to coming here :silly:

DarknessRS
06-19-2002, 09:37 PM
Count me in

8) DarknessRS - Rich (possibly 2 more) - '89 Accord Coupe - Elk Grove (near Sac)

sirapio
06-20-2002, 10:04 AM
damn...trying to decide...i really really want to go and i can...but...the fear is...i have no idea how my car will handle...i dont want to go and end up doing some 30 mph canyon carving and hold everyone up that is behind me... :bloated: :( :eek:

Kaneto
06-20-2002, 11:36 AM
I'm sure you wont be the only one who isn't racing through the canyon.

We're going to try to set it up so the faster people are up front, and the people who want to drive more leisurely are in back. I'll be up front and my friend who's coming up with me will be in back. He has a bone stock 92 Accord (well, with some rims and good tires). We'll stop and regroup at a couple different points on the route, but pretty much everyone can drive however slow or fast they want to (within reason).

sirapio
06-20-2002, 12:42 PM
damn!!! now there isnt a reason not to go! :flipa: ill tell ya my decision in a few... ;)

RedY2KCivic
06-20-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by sirapio
damn!!! now there isnt a reason not to go!

Exactly :D So meet up with me and DarknessRS and we can all caravan the rest of the way down :D

kris
06-20-2002, 02:22 PM
4) Matty Matt (SilverY2KCivic) and possibly extra baggage (Imean person)
7) LegacyGIRL - Nic - 00 Accord Sedan - Hacienda Heights - (probably, not for HIN)
8) kbslacker - Kris and my wife - 90' Si or 94' G20 - Salt Lake City, Utah.

THE4TH
06-20-2002, 06:09 PM
sup guyz....:)
ok i have a friend coming from out of town that week but count me and her in .. and the 2002 s2000...;)
only way i won't make it is if she don't wanna go, but count me in for now...

Jay!
06-20-2002, 06:20 PM
I'm in tentatively for now, but I'm gonna try hard to be there, if only for the drive. :)

11?) jay@af - Jay (and a pal, most likely) - 89 Accord Sedan - Upland, CA

I've also told my boss about it and he seemed interested. I don't think he's ever signed up on here, but he has a 2000 Prelude... :cool:

Kaneto
06-21-2002, 01:13 PM
Current list

4) Matty Matt (SilverY2KCivic) and possibly xtra baggage (I meant people)
7) LegacyGIRL - Nic - 00 Accord Sedan - Hacienda Heights - (probably not for HIN)
8) DarknessRS - Rich (possibly 2 more) - '89 Accord Coupe - Elk Grove (near Sac)
9) kbslacker - Kris and my wife - 90' Si or 94' G20 - Salt Lake City, Ut.
10) legacycivic - Brian - 98 civ - Hacienda Hts. (i'll try to bring the 19 drocca too)
11) emadboy200 - Enrique (Henry) - 93 Hatchback - Pomona, CA (might be out of town for the HIN Meet)
12) THE4TH - :confused: (Sorry, don't know your name), with friend - 2002 S2000 - San Diego, CA
13) jay@af - Jay (and a pal, most likely) - 89 Accord Sedan - Upland, CA

Maybes:
Jay's boss - 2000 Prelude
sirapio - 98 Integra

Looking good. :D

Jay!
06-21-2002, 02:26 PM
psst... Kaneto, check your PMs... ;)
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/private.php?s=

Kaneto
06-21-2002, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I saw. Gotta wait until after work to reply. :p

THE4TH
06-25-2002, 03:05 AM
the name's CJ.... :wave:

CRX586
06-27-2002, 06:41 PM
Sounds awesome, I'll see if I can get the day off from work...

CRX586
06-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Am I the only one here coming from OC?

spy54
07-01-2002, 12:34 AM
i am in cali i may try and go

sirapio
07-01-2002, 12:56 PM
Dont think im going...my car handles like crap :( ...i guess that is what i get for having stock shocks with neuspeed springs...i went to grissly peak and i was bouncing all over the road on every turn i take and every tiny bump i would hit...thank god to having my new tires on there... ;) dont wanna slow anyone down...

Kaneto
07-07-2002, 01:21 AM
Just an update, room is reserved at the Quality Inn & Suites in downtown LA. According to their site they're like a mile from the convention center. I reserved one room, but if we get enough people staying we should be able to get another.

Once again, we're meeting between 11am and 1pm off the Frazier Park exit of the I-5. If anyone want my cell phone number, for questions or directions, just PM me or hit me up on AIM.

I'll probably bring up my PS2 and some DVDs. Hopefully the tv in the room will let us hook it up. Maybe some Initial D will be in order.

San Diego peeps.. I think we're going to be meeting up at UTC in the parking lot near Sears at 8am for the drive up.

Here's the list:
4) Matty Matt (SilverY2KCivic) and possibly xtra baggage (I meant people)
7) LegacyGIRL - Nic - 00 Accord Sedan - Hacienda Heights - (probably not for HIN)
9) legacycivic - Brian - 98 civ - Hacienda Hts. (i'll try to bring the 19 drocca too)
10) emadboy200 - Enrique (Henry) - 93 Hatchback - Pomona, CA (might be out of town for the HIN Meet)
11) THE4TH - CJ, with friend - 2002 S2000 - San Diego, CA
12) jay@af - Jay (and a pal, most likely) - 89 Accord Sedan - Upland, CA
12b) Drocca91 (maybe)
13) stillslammed - Sascha
14) CRX586 (maybe)
15) spy54 (maybe)

This thing's open to everyone, so if there's anyone else you think would be interested, let them know.

sirapio
07-08-2002, 09:48 AM
holy sh*t...look at the list...hmmm...there has to be someone who is just willing to cruise the canyons with me :D im doing all the stuff i needed to do this weekend on a weekday...sooooo...you can add me to the list...is there a meeting point for N.Cal people? I know you guys heading from Sac has the I-5 straight down...it takes me about a little over an hour to hit the 5...cus i would need to take the 80 to the 580 then to the 5...its all good though if we cant meet up though... :D

RedY2KCivic
07-09-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by sirapio
holy sh*t...look at the list...hmmm...there has to be someone who is just willing to cruise the canyons with me :D im doing all the stuff i needed to do this weekend on a weekday...sooooo...you can add me to the list...is there a meeting point for N.Cal people? I know you guys heading from Sac has the I-5 straight down...it takes me about a little over an hour to hit the 5...cus i would need to take the 80 to the 580 then to the 5...its all good though if we cant meet up though... :D

Pick a spot that's good for you, PM me, and we'll meet ya there for the rest of the way down. :D

CRX586
07-09-2002, 05:51 PM
I can't make it this time, no way I can get the day off from work... :(

Maybe we can have a local socal meet out there again this summer... if not, i'll run it solo...

sirapio
07-11-2002, 01:55 PM
Dood!! Im soooo damn excited over this...at first...I was thinking to myself...its ok...just another one of those statewide meets...im just gonna coast the thing anyways...then I started to think of the turns...of how the hell im going to hang with the crx's and civic hatchbacks if i did start canyon carving...next thing you know...shoot...im buying suspension crap left and right...still havent received any of it yet but...damn...just the thought...is it even possible for an integra to hang with a crx or civic hatchback with the right suspension? I know the civics are shorter...so as soon as the rear starts breaking off in a turn..you would have already completed it. hmmm...something for me to think of i guess...just so damn excited over this... :flash: *keels over and starts foaming in the mouth* :p :eek:

Jay!
07-12-2002, 04:16 AM
Shit. :( I'm out. I'll be in San Digeo. My sister's divorce hearing is going poorly, and it looks like she's getting kicked out of her house this weekend... So I'll be a mover instead.

Sorry, all. :( Someone better take lots of pics...

Kaneto
07-12-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by jay@af
Shit. :( I'm out. I'll be in San Digeo. My sister's divorce hearing is going poorly, and it looks like she's getting kicked out of her house this weekend... So I'll be a mover instead.

Sorry, all. :( Someone better take lots of pics...

No worries man. Good luck with the hearings.

I'm sure we'll have plenty of pics to put up.

THE4TH
07-12-2002, 01:03 PM
as i hate to bring more bad news i'm bailing too.. if you want the story it's in the other post w/ the plans..
sorry guyz.. and jay i hope things go better for her..
that's a crappy situation..

Kaneto
07-12-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by THE4TH
as i hate to bring more bad news i'm bailing too.. if you want the story it's in the other post w/ the plans..
sorry guyz.. and jay i hope things go better for her..
that's a crappy situation..

Yeah, I figured that would be the case seeing your other post.

We'll have more of these types of meets in the future.

sirapio
07-12-2002, 04:45 PM
kaneto...PM.. :D

THE4TH
07-19-2002, 03:24 AM
yeah sorry i missed it although lindy has been filling me in with some nice pics.. and matt i'm still looking for a pic of you in a skirt... but i don't think i'll ever get one..
anyway i'm up for some more local stuff if anything comes about gimme a hollar..

SilverY2KCivic
07-26-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by THE4TH
yeah sorry i missed it although lindy has been filling me in with some nice pics.. and matt i'm still looking for a pic of you in a skirt... but i don't think i'll ever get one..
anyway i'm up for some more local stuff if anything comes about gimme a hollar..

That's because Lindy was wearing it for me, you missed out, sorry bro. ;) LOL! I'd have pics of it to show you, but dag-nabbit, my digi ran out of battery power, and my 35mm ran out of film when I was gonna take the pics of it. :silly2:

2001LX
08-20-2002, 05:13 PM
Hey i usually post at the 92+ forum. Just wanted to know what you guys are going to be doing, meeting where and when. Also for what? Sorry that i am so out of the loop.

Bryan

RedY2KCivic
08-20-2002, 10:09 PM
:)
Actually that meet has already come and gone.....my pics from it you can find of HIN (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291613825) , the AF/PH meet (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291613057) , the canyon (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291612999) , on the road (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291612953) , and everyone elses (http://www.purehonda.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d62f4d85e60ffff;act=ST;f=25;t=28)

We're planning another meet sometime soon....trying to get all of the west coast together, if not just Cali like we did last time. It's just in the works at the moment, but as we think of something....get some times suggested and events we might go to, there will probably be more info about it here (http://www.purehonda.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d62f4d85e60ffff;act=SF;f=25) , but we'll still keep you guys updated here as well. :)

Lindy

Add your comment to this topic!