Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any new setups/target ET's

LowETz
01-20-2006, 10:35 PM
What'cha guys been tweakin' on over the winter?
Let's hear everyones goals for this year....I'd like to see where we are this time next year-
Me...... did a BUNCH of suspension work last Fall and only got one ugly pass in before tearing up a bunch of stuff.... :banghead:

The rate I've been goin' last couple seasons... just hopin' w/all the new suspension stuffs and a baby hit, bottom 11.1x's NA and 10.40's @ 130-134 on the hose in my HEAVY ass full weight pig.... will be enough to keep me off the 6 o'clock news-
..... still lookin' for that magical/ellusive 1.3x 60'

Newest weak link = factory hard parts in the T56 = BANG :grinyes:

Stand by for OWNED :lol:

chevytrucks92
01-20-2006, 11:50 PM
I haven't done anything yet, but before the season starts up I'm going to be "strokin", lol.

355 is going to be transformed into a 383. Going with a 4340 forged crank, 4340 forged H-beam rods, and forged allum. dome pistons (I'm either goign to buy one of those Eagle balanced competition rotating assemblies or have it done at the shop that's going to do my heads). New valve springs for the heads and MAYBE a tunnel ram and two 4s. If not a tunnel ram, then probably a new Victor Jr.

Also going to buy an electric water pump. That will do away with the electric motor and belt setup I have now. Won't have to worry about slinging that belt that way plus those electric water pumps flow a lot of water!

I'm hoping for 6.60s in the 1/8th. Not sure if that will happen, but that's what I'm hoping for. If not 6.60s, then I def. want to go 6.70s.

JekylandHyde
01-21-2006, 07:23 AM
We are doing loads of work ... in lcuding a new bored & stroked engine.
We'll be running a 2.2 liter turbo next season.
We should be putting out around 550 rwhp and aiming for 10.5-10.7s.

We ended the year at 11.1 @ 123.75 and another pass at 11.2 @ 125.
That was on the 440 rwhp 200,000 miles engine :D

Most of our other work is for a better set up in the hillclimbs and roadcourses.

LowETz
01-21-2006, 10:59 AM
chevytrucks-
I remember you talkin' about the 383 build up.... hope it goes well. Should scoot for sure w/that torque monger in that feather on wheels :grinyes:

Gotta cast my vote for the TR and double 4 setup. Had one on the old '70 Z and I really liked it over the bigger 4 on a single plane.

Btw.... race season is around the corner.... better get to wrenchin' ;)

Jekyl-
How much boost will it take to get that rwhp/ET? If I remember.... your ride is fairly light?
I know next to nadda about FI setups. Always leaned toward NA and now just recently have been playin' w/gas.... I'm an old school hard head :frown:
Can't wait to here how it does :evillol:

May start a new thread, but would love to see any video footage you guys have or will have from this season. Post up if you've got somthin' you can share.

chevytrucks92
01-21-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking pretty hard about going with a Tunnel Ram. If I do, I'll run two 660 cfm carbs. I'll have to see about that though, lol.

Good luck to you and Hyde on your goals. I'll probably be able to post up new best times in April.

JekylandHyde
01-23-2006, 04:58 AM
Thanks guys. My ride is about 2655 lbs.
After the winter it might get closer to 2700 lbs.
With me in it, that will be 2820-2865 lbs.

I'm not sure on the boost. I am hoping to make 500 rwhp at 20-22 psi.
It would be nice to see 550 @ 24-25 psi. We'll see.

Good luck to all of you ;)

chevytrucks92
01-29-2006, 01:02 AM
Unless something happens, April 9 is going to be my first race.

When are you guys going to get started up?

JekylandHyde
01-29-2006, 06:45 AM
... if all goes well, my first race will be April 1st.

DeViL
01-30-2006, 12:06 AM
What'cha guys been tweakin' on over the winter?
Let's hear everyones goals for this year....I'd like to see where we are this time next year-
Supercharger+Intercooler and some M/T ET Streets for the S-10. My truck with the 4.10 gears ran a best of 10.2 with a faulty MAF(just found that out at the end of the summer), with the blower I'm hoping for mid to low 9's in the 1/8th mile. I'm aiming to at least beat a stock Lightning with this setup, which means I need to hit around a 9.0-9.2. I'd be really excited to get a ET of 9 flat out of this truck, I'll let everyone know what happens when summer time comes.

Slowprocess
01-31-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm going to shoot for a HIGH 10 by December. I'm shooting for a 11.3 on the stock displacement this spring with a 150 shot, then the motor comes out of the truck this summer for the new rotating assembly. I'm going to use a large shot of gas on it for the start of next year, then swap over to a turbo with a small shot for good measure. It's going under the knife in March for serious suspension work and I'm swapping the 3000 stall in place of a fuddle 3200. Funny thing about the fuddle is it flashes to 4000 behind the 6.0L on the spray. :naughty:

chevytrucks92
01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
You need to build a 402 man, lol. I read an article on those in Chevy HP this month and they are bad! I think Mr. Lous is building one.

They got over 500 hp with flat top pistons. They did use an 850 CFM carb though. But the rest was mild by my standers (only a 5 somethign lift cam, duration under 300).

bad360rt
02-01-2006, 06:54 AM
I'm doing a full return fuel setup, hopefully I can get enough fuel in her to actually get a full pass! Also doing alky injection. Along with some minor weight reduction I'm hoping for a low, low 11, maybe a high 10 in late March. Then I'll be switching to a 3800 P.I. converter (running a 2800 now). And I'll also be working on a forged shortblock this year so I can run some real boost :wink:

LowETz
02-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Supercharger+Intercooler and some M/T ET Streets for the S-10. My truck with the 4.10 gears ran a best of 10.2 with a faulty MAF(just found that out at the end of the summer), with the blower I'm hoping for mid to low 9's in the 1/8th mile. I'm aiming to at least beat a stock Lightning with this setup, which means I need to hit around a 9.0-9.2. I'd be really excited to get a ET of 9 flat out of this truck, I'll let everyone know what happens when summer time comes.

Sounds like fun- Should hit the number w/room to spare. Keep us posted!

LowETz
02-01-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm going to shoot for a HIGH 10 by December. I'm shooting for a 11.3 on the stock displacement this spring with a 150 shot, then the motor comes out of the truck this summer for the new rotating assembly. I'm going to use a large shot of gas on it for the start of next year, then swap over to a turbo with a small shot for good measure. It's going under the knife in March for serious suspension work and I'm swapping the 3000 stall in place of a fuddle 3200. Funny thing about the fuddle is it flashes to 4000 behind the 6.0L on the spray. :naughty:

Hell yeah. A big verter w/a decent STR and some suspension tweaks should blow yer skirt right up! Until I did my suspension and actually spent a little time dialing it in and becoming fluent w/how each individual turn or slot changed the chassis' reaction to the launch, I didn't fully realize how badly the car was actually leaving. I mean I knew it wouldn't hook the way it should've with the power it was making, but just damn.... single best mod I've done to the car since I've been wrenching on it.

Good luck w/the different setups.... sounds real promising :evillol:

LowETz
02-01-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm doing a full return fuel setup, hopefully I can get enough fuel in her to actually get a full pass! Also doing alky injection. Along with some minor weight reduction I'm hoping for a low, low 11, maybe a high 10 in late March. Then I'll be switching to a 3800 P.I. converter (running a 2800 now). And I'll also be working on a forged shortblock this year so I can run some real boost :wink:

Hey bad! So.... it seems to me we had this conversation about 6-8 months ago :grinyes:

Uuhhhmmmm.... told ya you couldn't "just say no" :lol: "keep it in the 11's" .... uh huh.... sure.... :grinno:

Sounds like ol' red will be a beast! Can't wait to see the numbers! :iceslolan

bad360rt
02-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey bad! So.... it seems to me we had this conversation about 6-8 months ago :grinyes:

Uuhhhmmmm.... told ya you couldn't "just say no" :lol: "keep it in the 11's" .... uh huh.... sure.... :grinno:

Sounds like ol' red will be a beast! Can't wait to see the numbers! :iceslolan
Yeah, it's never enough, I'm fully addicted LOL I told myself I would never do a rollbar, but I'm starting to look into that too!

DeViL
02-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Sounds like fun- Should hit the number w/room to spare. Keep us posted!
Well I have a couple pictures I could show. I'm about half way through the installation process, the intercooler is mounted and the side connected to the throttle body is good to go. The scariest part about installing this thing is getting the tubes from the intercooler to the supercharger and throttle body. I have to drill through the fender well to get to them, which means I have to make sure I drill the hole in the right spot so I don't have the tire rubbing against the tube when they are turned fully right or left. So far so good though. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the one side completed but I do have a couple pics of the supercharger mounted.

My truck stock. Intake is on the driver's side.
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4303/xtreme74fi.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xtreme74fi.jpg)

That gets replaced and moved behind the engine, and the supercharger mounts right where the airbox was. Considering where the intake will be now it would be nice to have a cowl induction hood.
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3725/kit87pk.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kit87pk.jpg)
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4691/kit99hl.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kit99hl.jpg)

Add your comment to this topic!