Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

adding new parts

stewuy12
01-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I have an automatic 2002 grand am and it has a 2.4L Twin Cam engine. if i wanted to add any type of performance upgrades, what should i get?

Amerikaner83
01-20-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm a fan of the stickers that add about 50 HP each! Flames and the silver reverse-window-tint is nice, as well. OOH! lower it and put like gold plated 13" lawnmower wheels on it, that would be tight! How about Ground Effects, green/blue Seattle Seahawks colors, maybe? Go to a High School shop class and have the kids make you a 3 foot wing out of sheet metal, then bolt it to your trunk. That adds some nice looks as well, lemme tell you!!!!

In all seriousness, though: I think that for the GA ( What Year do U have...?), subtle is best. I've got a 97 SE coupe, also 2.4L DOHC 4 myself. I think a mild window tinting is good ( I already have a stock wing), and just a paint job...maybe upsize the wheels (Mine came with 16's from the dealership, normal is 15"). Too much and it looks like crap. Swapping out the headlights and foglamps with the bright blue Zenons are nice (if legal, of course) as well.

Of course, these aren't performance upgrades...but upgrades nonetheless. I don't know a thing about performance upgrades, besides the above-mentioned HP-boostering stickers!!! :)

roboticgod
01-21-2006, 12:08 AM
their is stuff for the 4cyl you just hav to dig, oh ya try this thread might find answers here.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=502706

Add your comment to this topic!