Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine Vibration '00 Lesabre

jase386
01-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Has anyone had any engine vibration from their lesabre?

i feel it more when in gear and stopped. Its bad when braking and turning, and when i put the car in reverse, for a brief moment its like the engine is in a strain trying to shift the tranny.

in short, my quiet 2000 lesabre feels like an 87 chevy Pickup with a 350.

anyone have ideas on what may solve this? I liked it when i first got the car, but its getting on my nerves now.

stuzman
01-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Has anyone had any engine vibration from their lesabre?

i feel it more when in gear and stopped. Its bad when braking and turning, and when i put the car in reverse, for a brief moment its like the engine is in a strain trying to shift the tranny.

in short, my quiet 2000 lesabre feels like an 87 chevy Pickup with a 350.

anyone have ideas on what may solve this? I liked it when i first got the car, but its getting on my nerves now.

I've got a 2000 LeSabre also, but I haven't had any vibration problems. Some of my repairs have included, replaced driver side tie-rod, replaced passenger side frame bushings, replaced both wheel bearings and the transmission went out at 93,000. That was rebuilt with 5,000 miles on it now. So far, the upper plenum seems to be holding together (nothing done with it).

jase386
01-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey Stuzman, glad you replied, i was going to ask you for something else out of your big book of goodies. Some guys in anotehr forum said my vibration could be the left front engine mount. i assumed so, but they all agree that its the mounts somewhere.

Do you have instructions on how to put new brake rotors our our lesabres? mine are bump bump bumping, and its going to be less expensive to just replace them, than have them ground. any help ill appreciate greatly.

thanks again, in advance

stuzman
01-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Hey Stuzman, glad you replied, i was going to ask you for something else out of your big book of goodies. Some guys in anotehr forum said my vibration could be the left front engine mount. i assumed so, but they all agree that its the mounts somewhere.

Do you have instructions on how to put new brake rotors our our lesabres? mine are bump bump bumping, and its going to be less expensive to just replace them, than have them ground. any help ill appreciate greatly.

thanks again, in advance

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that I replaced the left front mount on the LeSabre also. I'll have to get back to you on the rotors. You should be able to just remove the caliper and off comes the rotor. I'll check the manual later just to make sure as it's getting pretty late. Talk with you later!

Add your comment to this topic!