Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replace Fog Light Bulb

BryanR
01-16-2006, 11:56 AM
One of my fog lights are out. I bought a new bulb but do not know how to replace it.

Amerikaner83
01-16-2006, 03:26 PM
I did mine a few months ago...I had a bitch of a time until I went under the car...Find yourself a nice inclined driveway or top of a small hill (speedbump...?). The point is to get your front end as high off the ground as possible. There should be flimsy plasic road guards under the very front end, just move those aside. You have to go from UNDERNEATH the foglamp to pull the bulb and change it. Reach over till you find the wire...twist it and the bulb will come loose from the light itself. Change the bulb (Don't touch the filament lens), then push it back into the light and twist back into place. Repeat for the other side. Viola! Hope this makes sense...it's the only way I was able to change mine...Good luck

xeroinfinity
01-16-2006, 04:29 PM
also if you hav trouble geting the bulb back in, just remember the clip on the plug and bulb pionts up.

97grandamld9
01-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Yea, just lay on the ground, reach in there twist the bolt, pop off the wires, take the old bulb out and put the new one in. and dont touch the glass part of the bulb.

BryanR
01-18-2006, 11:28 AM
I've heard people mention just popping off the cap of the light. Is this possible?

Also I bought my bulb at Autozone, will they install this for me?

Amerikaner83
01-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Dude, it's honestly not that difficult at all. Have you ever installed a normal light bulb in your house? It's the same principle, but just 90 degrees tilted. That's about it. If they DO install the lights, they'll charge you. better to do it yourself.....it's not that difficult.

xeroinfinity
01-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Unless your a hot ass chick BryanR ! then that would be Free :lol:
BTW the front lens shouldnt come off, and even if it did the bulb wouldnt go through the back side.

Amerikaner83
01-18-2006, 04:27 PM
OR BryanR could be a hot guy...I've heard rumors about gay guys working @ autozone...I'm sure they'd want some sort of "compensation" for installing your light... just playin' :P

xeroinfinity
01-18-2006, 06:37 PM
true true! never though of that. And I guess the last time I went to the Zone their were some chicks working, they were pretty damn hot(for autozone), so one of them could lend a hand. Lol!

Amerikaner83
01-18-2006, 07:53 PM
I just hope it's not a Seattle thing-----> EVERY CHICK in EVERY car shop or parts place can only be considered "cute" by someone too drunk to fish! Freaking Bull-Dikes would kick their ass - and they're pretty understanding with other chicks! :P But I digress.

Were you able to get your light installed, BryanR? I'm waiting in eager suspense

xeroinfinity
01-19-2006, 02:52 PM
. :)

Add your comment to this topic!