Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

bose unit stopped working

jerkstore
01-16-2006, 09:15 AM
The other day i was taking a road trip and i stopped to get gas and when turned my car back on, the bose unit would not turn on. I checked the fuses and they seemed to be fine. Anybody got any ideas? Thanx

Underground_Killah
01-16-2006, 10:34 PM
does any of the lights light up? which fuses did you check? there's one in the back of the deck itself....

it really seems like a blown fuse

j23flight
01-17-2006, 07:02 PM
I HAD SAME THING HAPPENED IT SEEMS LIKE A FUSE.BUT SOME TIMES ITS UNIT IT SELF.I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS WEB SITE www.carstereohelp.com BEST ANYWERE AND BEST PRICES VERY HONES AND NICE PEOPLE. REPEARED MY UNIT IN 1 WEEK I HAD IT BACK IN 12 DAYS ITS BENN WORKING PERFECT SINCE THEN AND THEY FIXED IT THAT IT SEEM THAT IT WORKS EVEN BETTER LOUDER .I CAN TELL YOU MAN THISE DUDES ARE BEST.DONT GET RIPPED OFF.LOG ON THE SITE AND READ ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY.THEY HAVE TROUBLE SHOOTING THERE TOO.

jerkstore
01-18-2006, 01:24 PM
the fuses i checked are the ones inside the car, by the parking brake, if there are others i should check, please tell me where i should look...thanx

Underground_Killah
01-18-2006, 01:27 PM
well if i'm not mistaken on the back of the actual head unit of the cd player (you'll have to pull out the cd player to see it) but there should be 1 or 2 fuses in the back of it.... those usually along with the fuses by the ebrake will easily tell you if that's the problem. if not, i'd bring it somewhere local (i wouldn't go anywhere online with it) and see if they can test it. (unless you know how to do that yourself....)

jerkstore
01-18-2006, 01:28 PM
thanks for the help!

Underground_Killah
01-19-2006, 08:50 AM
no prob, let me know if that doesn't work for you.

jerkstore
01-20-2006, 11:24 AM
its fried....i am putting an old sony in for now with that depowering adapter

Add your comment to this topic!