Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Speedometer problem (2000)

Acidbath
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey there, had a question for you guys. I have a Friend with a 2000 LeSabre that seems like it has a short in the speed sensor wire. Speedo works ok sometimes, then outta the blue, its 120 mph, no wait, 30, no wait 75, no wait.. lol :) at any rate.. this sound like a speed sensor? Cable maybe? I dont know, i'm not what you would call a GM guy. :) Havent even looked at the car yet. Thanks for your time.

LeSabre97mint
01-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Hey there, had a question for you guys. I have a Friend with a 2000 LeSabre that seems like it has a short in the speed sensor wire. Speedo works ok sometimes, then outta the blue, its 120 mph, no wait, 30, no wait 75, no wait.. lol :) at any rate.. this sound like a speed sensor? Cable maybe? I dont know, i'm not what you would call a GM guy. :) Havent even looked at the car yet. Thanks for your time.

Hello

I believe a 2000 speedo is all electronic. I would think this is a speed sensor problem. It's located on the trannie.

Regards

Dan

stuzman
01-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Hello

I believe a 2000 speedo is all electronic. I would think this is a speed sensor problem. It's located on the trannie.

Regards

Dan

I agree...check the VSS....

Acidbath
04-06-2006, 09:27 PM
I agree...check the VSS....

thanks guys, sorry it took me so long, but i was going to wait to read the replays when he stoped by again. :) Thanks.. he's a little slow. :)

Acidbath
04-15-2006, 02:38 PM
thanks guys, sorry it took me so long, but i was going to wait to read the replays when he stoped by again. :) Thanks.. he's a little slow. :)

Well I poked around a bit, and maybe the sensor that autozone gave me is the wrong one? Only wired anything I seen in the tranny was on the driver side near where the shifter cable is? And neither of them looked like what I have. Is it possibly underneath the front end under that stupid plasic sheild? Or somewhere I cant easily see it? Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!