Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sorry about bringing up old posts

OverBoardProject
01-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Sorry about bringing up old posts folks I go through Automotive helper usually and it kept the posts in order newest to oldest. Well that has now changed. I would imagine oldest to newest

And I don't think that I'm the only 1 making the same mistake.

mike1224
01-15-2006, 04:10 PM
damit old man Stu, are you getting confused in old age? j/k. seriously man, hows the fishing excursion thing going?

OverBoardProject
01-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Mike

That company either decided that they found someone better or they didn't hire anyone. After being so good in the begining and telling me that I would be hired any day now I haven't heard from them in several months.

I guess that I'm happy about that. I don't have to worry about them leaving me stranded if they aren't worth their word. (Although I would have had lots of fun toys to run into the ocean)

Right now I'm living on Vancouver Island about 5 min drive to the ocean and just slowely renovating a former drug house as I have the time.
This doesn't really pay since I'm just working off my rent, but I have enough money from investments to live like this for 3 years.

It's giving me a good chance to find a good job and be picky who I work for.

I'll have my web page updated in a few days, with some photo's of the area. (one of my passions) and let everyone know when it happens

mike1224
01-15-2006, 04:34 PM
definitely, if you have the option to be picky do it. hell ya man, i dug some of those photos you have of the scenery out there. I wish Denver was like that. Time to head in to the mountains for a long weekend.

OverBoardProject
01-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Well there'll be a fishBC fish in (a big party with fishing, camping, and some very good prizes including the odd trip) in May I believe It might be a good time for you to make a trip up this way for a week or so. If you do I'll try taking some extra time off.

There's also one in the fall sometime. No date set for the fall event yet.

I've always heard good things about Colorado in general. I've heard that it's a nice place to live, and it's 1 of the few states that I'll have to travel some time. Hopefully in 2 years if I have 1 of my rods ready for Hot August Nights.

Add your comment to this topic!