Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

my power locks stopped workin and so did my cig lighter!!! help

1993GAG.T.
01-13-2006, 11:30 PM
i noticed that one day on my 1993 gagt that my power locks stopped working i checked the fuses but that didnt help none of them are working plz help!!

Hoags
01-14-2006, 09:32 AM
If the fuses are all OK then you have a dead short somewhere. the lighter and locks are probably on the same circut and if there is a broken wire somewhere then the circut is not complete. You are most likely going to have to take things apart to get to the root of things. Double check your fuses again before tearing apart the interior and door panels. I have checked fuses before and missed a dead one 3 times, I finally started using my test light to check them. at the end of the fuse is 2 little openings that you can put the tip of the test light, check both sides, the inlet power side will have power if the fuse is bad the other side will be dead. If you do not have a test light you can pick one up at a parts store for about $15.00, I use mine alot it is worth the investment.
Let me know if you have any questions

GASE 95
01-16-2006, 11:43 AM
that happened to me when a penny fell into my cigarette lighter. Sparks flew and then it quit working along with the doorlocks...But definitely check your fuses very closely

wrhjr
02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
that happened to me when a penny fell into my cigarette lighter. Sparks flew and then it quit working along with the doorlocks...But definitely check your fuses very closely

A sqrew fell in my lighter and now no power locks or lighter I looked at my fuses and didnt find any blown......

Add your comment to this topic!