Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Test your Light Taupe Impression Cloth

ArtX
01-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Since I am having problems with the front seats of my Pontiac G6, which has the Light Taupe Impression Cloth I thought I would check out the backseat that no one has ridden in.

For those unfamilar with my problem I dripped a covered dish across my seats during the holidays. I tried to cleanup the seats with water and the colors ran. The dealer tried the same and it got worst. Finally the dealer had to clean the seats with a solvent in order to get out the colors where they ran.

So to test the back seat, I took a slightly damp white cotton cloth and rubbed it back and forth on the back seat. I figured since the back seat had never been ridden in it should come out clean. But what I got was a white cloth with some of the seat color. Since I have color on the white cloth, that tells me the fabric is not color fast.

If you haven't checked out your fabric, you may want to before you get to far down the road. Those of us who have the problem may want to stand together to see it resolved. Do like I did and call the GM warranty assistance and tell them about your problem.

Add your comment to this topic!