Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Climate control & heated seats Q's

trackrat
01-13-2006, 02:02 AM
I have a 2000 SLT with the manual climate control and was wondering if there was a way to switch it over to a automatic climate control. Has anyone ever done this? I have no recurc buttons so all I get is outside air and that really sucs!!!! The blower also sucs too, I get more air through a straw:-).

I would like to put in heated seats in also, are the wireing harnesses already there for them?

And one last thing, I want to put a power seat in on the passenger side, are there wireing hookups there too?

Where can I get a descent schematics for my truck, haynes sucs!!!

Peace,
trackrat

rlith
01-14-2006, 08:12 AM
I have a 2000 SLT with the manual climate control and was wondering if there was a way to switch it over to a automatic climate control. Has anyone ever done this? I have no recurc buttons so all I get is outside air and that really sucs!!!! The blower also sucs too, I get more air through a straw:-).

I would like to put in heated seats in also, are the wireing harnesses already there for them?

And one last thing, I want to put a power seat in on the passenger side, are there wireing hookups there too?

Where can I get a descent schematics for my truck, haynes sucs!!!

Peace,
trackrat

The heated seat portion you will have to manually wire. As to the computer climate control, you would have to completely change your body harness, have the BCM reprogrammed and get the computer module to handle it. Also there are a few additional servo's installed.

For your blower it may be your resistor

For more detailed schematics (and complete) use www.alldata.com

trackrat
01-16-2006, 11:35 PM
CRAP!!!! Too much work. Is there anyway to have my system on recurc instead of fresh air all of the time? I'm tired of smelling exhaust from other vehicles.

rlith
01-18-2006, 06:53 AM
CRAP!!!! Too much work. Is there anyway to have my system on recurc instead of fresh air all of the time? I'm tired of smelling exhaust from other vehicles.

Don't think so...

old_master
01-21-2006, 07:16 PM

That's why it's designed that way. In the winter you usually have the windows closed which does not allow fresh air into the vehicle. By using outside air for the heater, it ensures a certain amount of ventilation. This keeps carbon monoxide levels at a minimum in the vehicle. In the A/C mode, the recirculation door is closed for maximum cooling in the vehicle.

Add your comment to this topic!