Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

possessed signal lights

spit_fire_69
01-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Well I have a 94 grand am and for the past couple of days the signal lights have been acting up. inside the car the right signal stays on constantly but works fine when i use it to signal, when i go to use the left signal it works just like a hazard light would,but it blinks very fast. When i check outside the right front signal stays on, and again works fine when actually using the right signal, but again when i switch to the left the front signals turn into hazards but the rear does not. ive checked over fuses, all fine even tried swapping them around, and no change. checked all front bulbs all look good. Im not sure if it would be a short or the multifunction unit. Ive also been playing around with the hazard light control on the steering column and still no change. Is there any hints or somethin im just missing here.

Thanks

zirb
01-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Sounds like a bulb burnt out some where.

grfnkl
01-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Due to what you are describing it, sounds like a few possibilities. It could be your flasher going bad causing it not to always flash correctly. Another possibility is the multifunction switch is starting to go bad. One last thought which is a little harder to trace, is a bad socket.

If one of your sockets have gone bad, it does cause similiar problems. Check over all your lights carefully and see if any are not lit, or flash differently. Also check them with your headlights on. When you headlights are on, the front bumper light and sidemarker (next to headlighht) should NOT flash in sync, they should be flashing opposite each other, only time they should flash in sync is when your headlights are off.... Hopefully this helps you out. good luck

Add your comment to this topic!