Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

brake pulsation 2005 Ram1500

richstag
01-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Hello, I have a 2005 Ram 1500 which has had a brake pulsation problem . I first had the rotors turned under warranty at 11,000 miles. At 19,000 they pulsated again so the dealership replaced them under warranty. They are again pulsating at 26,000 miles. I called Chysler customer service and they were rude and uncaring. They said that this is a wear item and I would have to pay for the repairs. This is an unsafe condition and I am searching for others that have experienced brake pulsation on these trucks. If it wasn't for the apathetic,rude, customer service rep I would probably buy another Dodge vehicle but the response that insinuated that they just don't care is unacceptable. Please let me know if anyone knows how to get through to the CEO of Chylsler or someone that will care. Thanks

Rtallday79
01-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Is it remotely possible that you may be a little hard on the brakes?

-Rich

dbfordtech
01-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Hello,
As a Dodge tech, I have seen this a few times now.
I dont think normal daily driving is a problem for this brake system, but I have seen a few instances when a person is a bit demanding on the brake system that a pulsation problem is persistant.
I have replaced some rotors with Raybestos high performance rotors. They are drilled and slotted.
So far, I have had a good response.
Maybe you should try them. I can get you a part number if you need it.
good luck.

richstag
01-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the Raybestos discs . I was contemplating putting on a pair because they are realitively inexpensive for drilled and slotted. I am not a hard braker but I drive approximately 150 miles a day and it includes all kinds of driving with many visits to clients which has the truck parked for 20-30 minute periods in between.

Add your comment to this topic!