Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i need some help installing a stereo quick

alexm963
01-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Ok i only i signed up to this website for help with this today. Me and my sister are driving from WA to CA tomorrow and we need this stereo installed today. The car is a 1991 Geo Prizm. The stereo i'm putting in is from a 87 nissan sentra, i'm not sure what the brand is. The car had two connectors going to the old stereo, plus the antenna cable. One had 5 wires, the other 8. The first five were, 1 red and 1 white twisted together, 1 black and 1 yellow twisted together and one white/green. The 8 were 2 green, 2 blue, 2 gray, 1 brown, and 1 purple. The stereo I'm putting in had 1 red that was labeled ACC, 1 yellow labeled backup, 1 blue labeled ant rem, then there are 8 speaker wires, 2 green, 2 white, 2 gray, 2 purple. All with labels of R and L and front and back. So I need to know what wires to connect with what other wires. Please as soon as possible also. Thanks in advance.

ngsm13
01-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Ok i only i signed up to this website for help with this today. Me and my sister are driving from WA to CA tomorrow and we need this stereo installed today. The car is a 1991 Geo Prizm. The stereo i'm putting in is from a 87 nissan sentra, i'm not sure what the brand is. The car had two connectors going to the old stereo, plus the antenna cable. One had 5 wires, the other 8. The first five were, 1 red and 1 white twisted together, 1 black and 1 yellow twisted together and one white/green. The 8 were 2 green, 2 blue, 2 gray, 1 brown, and 1 purple. The stereo I'm putting in had 1 red that was labeled ACC, 1 yellow labeled backup, 1 blue labeled ant rem, then there are 8 speaker wires, 2 green, 2 white, 2 gray, 2 purple. All with labels of R and L and front and back. So I need to know what wires to connect with what other wires. Please as soon as possible also. Thanks in advance.

Did you get a wiring harness for the vehicle. That's what you need to do, then the wires will be color coded and match up with the appropriate colors on the aftermarket radio. So, just match them up and splice them.

NG

Add your comment to this topic!