Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 OLS88 3800 K engine Wont start code 9

bluejack
01-09-2006, 12:53 AM
95 OLDS88 3800 K ENGINE I was working on coolant loss,(plastic upper manifold, egr pipe caused leak) I was letting car run to check new manifold and gaskets, when it stalled. I think it ran out of gas, put more gas in. Turn key, nothing, no sound from starter. The dash computer says code9 (HOT...A/C DISABLED). I have checked, it is getting fuel(fuel pump is working) there is no coolant above pistons, it is like a security is disabling starter etc.I have cleaned both keys(not problem) Has not made sound since, starter will not engage, stumped please help.

maxwedge
01-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Turn the key on and leave it on for 10 minutes then turn off and try to start, was the security lite on when this happened?

bluejack
01-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Turn the key on and leave it on for 10 minutes then turn off and try to start, was the security lite on when this happened?
Thankyou I will try this, no the security light was not on when this happened.

bluejack
01-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Thankyou I will try this, no the security light was not on when this happened.
Tried with key on 10 min, still silence. Thanks

maxwedge
01-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Check for current at the purple wire at the starter solenoid, as someone holds the key in the crank position. Also check the master large fuses in the relay/fuse box under the hood.

Hansnet
01-10-2006, 12:42 AM
crankshaft positioning sensor?

if not that you might have issues if the UIM problem got bad.

but I am saying crank sensor for right now.

bluejack
01-11-2006, 01:34 AM
Check for current at the purple wire at the starter solenoid, as someone holds the key in the crank position. Also check the master large fuses in the relay/fuse box under the hood.
Thankyou I will check this.

bluejack
01-11-2006, 01:39 AM

Thanks I will check this out as soon I can, I did have harmonic balancer changed before all the other problems started, dont know if that would cause this new problem or not.

bluejack
01-11-2006, 11:03 AM

What does UIM stand for, thanks

bluejack
01-11-2006, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=Hansnet]crankshaft positioning sensor?

Thanks I was thinking it may also be a warped lower manifold, sucked in the coolant above cylinders while idling,then lockup. I pulled plugs, tried to crank, silence. I tried blowing air into spark plug holes to see if coolant spashed out, there was none I could see.I had been cranking earlier to check compression(numbers seemed good)moved car out of driveway, it stalled, thats where it sits covered in snow and very hard to jack up.Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!