Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is This True??

trvsglr
01-08-2006, 10:28 PM
My 1985 Olds. Delta 88 Royale will start up and idle fine. But as soon as it gets warm it shuts off. I tried everything but nothing works,but my moms friend said she used to have a Mustang that did the same thing and her friend that worked at a garage told her to take cloths pins and put one every 3 inches on the fuel line starting from the tank to the pump. Her friend claims she did that and the car worked great after that no more problems and said she even traded it in at a car lot with the pins on it. Does this sound like a BS story to anyone else too?? I just don't see how that would work. Also if anyone else knows why my car shuts off when its warm i need all the help i can get. I changed the fuel pump and filter and even tried a whole different carb on it. Can't figure this out and i need transportaion baaaad!! Thanks everyone.

GTP Dad
01-09-2006, 09:58 AM
It will work for vapor lock but that is not your problem. I assume that you have a HEI distributer on the car! If so change the ignition module inside the inside the distributer housing and put a new rotor on the car. I believe the ignition is overheating and shutting the car down. Good Luck!

Add your comment to this topic!