Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Newbie Here

insaneoversteer
06-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Hey what's up guys!

I just came across this board and let me say I'm really glad I did.

I've been building models for some years but must admit I haven't taken it as seriously as I should have.

Unfortunately as I find this board and it's wealth of information, I'm already in the finishing stages of a Tamiya 1:24 Alfa Romeo, sadly that model (for the most part) won't see the benefits of my newfound knowledge :D

BUT, I just bought the 1:24 Mercedes Team Warsteiner CLK, and now that I've gone through the info in here, I can't wait to do this one right!

Just to give you guys a little background on yours truly:

I'm 23, from Southern California. An Automotive Design Major, I'm taking night courses at Art Center College of Design, Pasadena; and working on my portfolio for acceptance. I also work full-time as the Corporate Controller for a small Construction Inspection company.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Soon as I get some of my drawings scanned I'll post a pic for guys...till then lookin forward to buggin you guys for advice...;)

Jay!
06-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Dude! Welcome to AF!!! :D You must live like right across the street from me!!! :eek:

:) Going to the model show in ontario in July? :)

insaneoversteer
06-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Well I'm not in Rancho just yet. I'm in Diamond Bar right now but moving next Saturday to Rancho. :)

Wasn't aware of any upcoming shows but I'd sure as hell like to go! Where can I get some info on it?
Anyone else going?

Jay!
06-11-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by insaneoversteer
Wasn't aware of any upcoming shows but I'd sure as hell like to go! Where can I get some info on it?
Anyone else going? Check it out here:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t44108.html

Gainsbourg
06-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Hey insaneoversteer, welcome to the forum.
What’s the Alfa Romeo you’re working now, the 155 V6 TI?

insaneoversteer
06-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I'm finishing up the Bosch 155 that ran in the ITC. Just ordered some Tamiya Polish from imagineanime.com so I can finish this bad boy and move on.

primera man
06-11-2002, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the mad house :p .....pull up a chair/drink/chippies...and have some fun. Look forward to seeing some of your work
http://www.gifs.net/animate/welcomeguy.gif

XenoKryst
06-11-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
Going to the model show in ontario in July?

Ontario? of Canada??

Jay!
06-11-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by XenoKryst
Ontario? of Canada?? No, Ontario, CA as in California... Sorry. :o

Add your comment to this topic!