computer reflash

Pr2rm128
01-07-2006, 02:47 PM
what's up out there...have a question i just turboed my car last month but am having a hell of a time finding someone that has the proper plug in to reflash my computer i dunno if any of yous live in PA i live by harrisburg if you do or just live in pa in general where the hell can i get this done cuz i can't get it inspected without getting that damn check engine light off. I have seen like maybe at the most 2 cavaliers turboed in this area but they were at car shows before i even thought about the fact of installing one so there must be some where i can find i have 5 shops calling on it to try to find someone but most of these guys deal with hondas and fords...thanks for any help

Schister66
01-07-2006, 03:24 PM
don't you have to convert to OBD1 and then get it tuned??? What are you using for fuel management/tuning?? Describe your set up and ESPECIALLY the turbo specs and boost pressure you're running....

Thor06
01-07-2006, 06:52 PM
I dont know if you need to get it reflashed, I think all you would do is covert it to OBD I and get a SAFC or something.

Schister66
01-07-2006, 07:46 PM
you don't have to go OBD1 in order to use an AFC.....at least w/ Hondas

Thor06
01-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Really.... yeah I dont know shit about SAFC, I dont waste my time learning about Cavaliers and DSM's have DSM link. I think getting and SAFC should do you good dude.

Schister66
01-08-2006, 01:28 AM
LOL.....i don't know anything about Cavaliers, just mainly Hondas and Acuras. I spend most of my time on Honda-tech reading and learning about that type of thing, but SAFC's are kind of generic.....

Pr2rm128
01-09-2006, 02:57 PM
this is all a big learning process to me...i was told by i think one shop that i would need something to hook up to my OBD2 sensor and tune it through a lab top...i also did hear about the SAFC but i don't know anything about that...i have all my fuel upgrades such as a vortech FMU which i dunno if i can do anything with that since it is running really rich.. i have RC 310's injectors and a high flow pump..im running 6psi till i get the internals but since PA has this gay shit called emissions i can't get it passed if a check engine light is on...the car runs alright just really rich which causes it to stall out sometimes if the car doesn't burn enough fuel and im prolly getting robbed some hp..would the SAFC reflash the engine light? thanks for the posts

Thor06
01-10-2006, 07:25 PM
What turbo are you running? 310's sound low as hell, but then again, I'm a DSM guy. I suppose we run around 11 psi stock, but its the airflow that matters. When you turn the boost up and/or get a bigger turbo I would definately recommend some bigger injectors. I think that guy was talking about AEM EMS or maybe a GReddy Emanage. Like I said, I dont know much about engine management outside of DSM link (dont know much about DSM link either ;)) but a SAFC should do you ok. The AEM EMS in my opinion is way overpriced.

97grandamld9
01-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Info on your car. Year and motor in it.

Schister66
01-12-2006, 12:34 AM
the SAFC isn't going to change anything w/ CEL's if that's what you were asking....i think you should get DSM 450s and tell us your power goal, engine size and turbo specs.....all the specs not just T3T4e because that narrows it down to like 100 gazillion variations

-Jayson-
01-12-2006, 11:25 AM
www.hptuners.com, but your going to have to wait a little bit, hopefully a month or two. Other than that, there is not way to TUNE the computer. Unless you have a 2000-2002 Z24 with Ld9 Engine. Then you can take your car to any Chevy dealership and they will install there supercharger program. You will need a 2 bar map sensor as well.

Othterwise your best bet is a wideband O2 sensor, and a FMU or SAFC. If you go to autozone they will clear the cell for free.

Add your comment to this topic!