Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 camry enhancements/sports muffler removal

tl12398
01-07-2006, 03:12 AM
Heres the bunch of questions that i have for everyone here...
i have recently been given a 1994 toyota camry V6 LE model, only around 96.5k miles on it as of right now.
First thing, the passenger side light is busted, the mount is broken. If i bought a new light, would the mount come with it? It is not adjustable to be fixed. Im not sure how in the world it was damaged in the first place. Regardless, any help would be great. As for the other things....

The car apparently has a sports muffler on it, which i would like to remove. I am actually not sure if that is possible or not, but it would be helpful if i could get rid of it, since i really dont need the excessive noise.
The enhancements, I actually would just want better gas mileage, but increased horsepower would not be bad either. I am purchasing a cold air intake, but what else can i do to increase the gas mileage?
I also recently was minorly rear ended, small bumper damage but it was a strong impact. im not sure if i should get the car checked up for that, i havent noticed any problems with it running as of right now. And lastly, the rear shocks seem to be very weak, if the car is driven around over large humps, the rear end of the car dips and the muffler scratches the ground some. im not sure if that is standard or if it was just excessively worn down. Any maintainance advice would also be much appreciated.
The brakes have squeaking noises only in cold weather, new brake pads and shims have been installed... i dont know what could be causing the extra noises... Any hints would be helpful.
Also, i have installed the stereo system on my own, along with the accessories, i was attempting to install two rear poineer speakers into the car, but apparently... its a lot harder than it looks. I attempted to remove the grills alone and that wasnt possible, so i attempted to remove the entire cover. I could not remove the cover regardless, is there something i am doing wrong? (Also, would i have to remove the door panel to replace the passenger side speaker? the speaker is blown, i tested the connection wires on another speaker already.)

TL

Add your comment to this topic!