Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lights....

csparks78
01-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Is there something you can get or someway to bypass the wiring to make the fog lights and the high beam stay on at the same time???

Ray H
01-07-2006, 05:37 AM
Is there something you can get or someway to bypass the wiring to make the fog lights and the high beam stay on at the same time???

Hows this?
http://www.getahelmet.com/jeeps/tech/fogrelay/

csparks78
01-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Hows this?
http://www.getahelmet.com/jeeps/tech/fogrelay/

Exactly what I was looking for thanks a lot!!! :cheers:

csparks78
01-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Hey I tried it and it worked awesome!! I went by the instructions not the pictures though, because it said to bend the #2 pin and it was on the opposite side of the relay than what it was showing, checked all the lights and everything works!!! Thanks again!

csparks78
01-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Hey Ray you were so helpful on that, how about something so you can have your brights and dims on at the same time. You know when you have your brights on and you go to dim it and hold it down the dims go on at the same time? My Dad had a VW GTI and he got something that made that happen, and that also would be helpful offroad. Thanks for any input!!

Ray H
01-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Hey Ray you were so helpful on that, how about something so you can have your brights and dims on at the same time. You know when you have your brights on and you go to dim it and hold it down the dims go on at the same time? My Dad had a VW GTI and he got something that made that happen, and that also would be helpful offroad. Thanks for any input!!

Sorry, cant help with this. Its probably about the same deal though. Should be a relay someplace that opens one circuit as another closes. If you do this, you may notice that you go through headlights pretty quick, thats alot of heat in there with both elements burning at the same time.

csparks78
01-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Good point, I wouldn't be using it like that unless I was offroad, but maybe I should just get brighter lights than the stock fog lights. Anyways thanks for the reply!! - Cliff

Add your comment to this topic!