Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

air suspension question.

brewdoggy
01-06-2006, 07:09 PM
01 dts. when first start car i hear what i believe to be air pump making a whining noise, should it be that loud and when it is real cold out seems like car rides like someone is standing on bumper jumping up and down,im new to the caddy scene and need info, what is wrong?

caddydaddy
01-06-2006, 11:15 PM
It should be barely audible when you stand near the rear bumper with the car on. My guess is there's something wrong with the compressor, or a air leak is causing the noise. I'd have it checked out for leaks, or check it yourself if you can.
If the rear shocks aren't getting the right pressures, the could be causing the ride problems you mentioned.

brewdoggy
01-06-2006, 11:31 PM
It should be barely audible when you stand near the rear bumper with the car on. My guess is there's something wrong with the compressor, or a air leak is causing the noise. I'd have it checked out for leaks, or check it yourself if you can.
If the rear shocks aren't getting the right pressures, the could be causing the ride problems you mentioned.

noise is coming from under the hood and lasts about 40 seconds, dic showed service suspension a day ago and code reads co662 which is level control exhaust valve circuit low, what do i need to check, car rides ok but when it gets down to about 30 degrees or lower out it rides bad, as i was thinking a while ago i had water pump replaced about time this problem started,i am not positive, is there anything under hood that they could have messed up, warranty is expired now and they dont want anything to do with me. where would the exhaust valve be or if it is a connection

caddydaddy
01-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Usually the ride control compressor is under the rear of the car. The exhaust valve problem can be either a electrical short or a problem with the compressor itself. You'll need a wiring diagram to trouble shoot it.

Add your comment to this topic!