Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I Need Help!

felisha Michelle
01-06-2006, 12:30 PM
I have a 1999 Eclipse spyder GS...well when I bought it, it did not come with a keyless remote...so I purchased one...now I cant program it...I have no clue what a terminal ground wire is! I am a girl that cant even change her oil..please help!

nova1313
01-06-2006, 01:24 PM
This connector is under the dash right by your right knee if your sitting in the car (driver side). I think they mean the obdII port but I could be wrong. See if someone else here can verify that. But Basically you need a piece of wire to jumper two pins together on the connector. If all else fails see a mitsubishi dealer. Call around some may do it for a small price.

ripped from another site:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector (black 16-pin connector under dash driver's side). Pin 4 of this connector is a ground, so placing a jumper wire between pins 1 & 4 will accomplish this. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are getting ready to reprogram it.
3) Close all the doors.
4) Turn the key to ACC, then back to OFF. The power locks will lock/unlock. The system is now ready to be programmed.
5) Press a button on your key fob.
6) If you have two key fobs, press a button on the second fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the first one. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have one remote, press a button on it 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
7) The doors will lock/unlock to signal that the codes were received.
8) Remove the connection between pins 1 & 4.

Add your comment to this topic!