Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Revell makes Ferrari Superamerica!

DasWiesel
01-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Take a look at the end of the list! :bananasmi
http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Revell_News_2006.html

Seems like Revell Germany ia going to make a Ferrari 430 Spyder and Ferrari Superamerica. For me, i hope itīs one of the older Superamerica Versions and not the 575. :grinyes:

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-06-2006, 12:50 PM
That's just strange about the Superamerica. If anyone should make it it would be Fujimi. We'll have to see.

Revell and Fujimi should be tooling the new 600 Imola (and sans the horrid pentagram wheels):

http://images15.fotki.com/v260/photos/1/10258/23480/600imola-vi.jpg
http://images14.fotki.com/v257/photos/1/10258/23480/600imola2-vi.jpg
http://images12.fotki.com/v253/photos/1/10258/23480/600imola3-vi.jpg

MPWR
01-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I can't imagine that it could possibly be anything other than the current 575 version. It is a pretty car, though.

I'll look forward to the 1/72 EC145 ADAC! :thumbsup:

tonioseven
01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Those wheels have a "devilish" look to them. :lol::icon16:

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Those wheels have a "devilish" look to them. :lol::icon16:

LOL I guess Pat Robertson will have to take his name off the waiting list now :evillol: .

auw12
01-06-2006, 01:49 PM
if that's 575 superamerican and has good wheels and tires not like the F430 has,i'd love to take.and...that 600 IS NOT FERRARI!

D_LaMz
01-06-2006, 04:16 PM
the 575 superamerics looks weird but I still get it!

cfcrules
01-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Theres nothing about it on the official revell site, so i don't know whether to bank on it, however all the other models seem correct so maybe its true.

Veyron
01-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Theres nothing about it on the official revell site, so i don't know whether to bank on it, however all the other models seem correct so maybe its true.

The 430 Spider is on the official R of G site.

blubaja
01-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Yay RG!

Vric
01-06-2006, 07:37 PM
The new 600 is a really hot looking Ferrari...

I wish Tamiya make it... OK I dream..

hirofkd
01-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Why not 997 Turbo? :banghead:

MidMazar
01-07-2006, 12:09 AM
im liking both those 360s

drunken monkey
01-07-2006, 01:25 PM
is it me, or does the back end of the imola look like the back end of a hyundai coupe?

bigfrit
01-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info!

Quite interesting, maybe we re seeing the superamerica version just to circumvent Ferrari's licensing with fujimi for the stock 550 and 575M?

Still, I d be interested in seeing what they make of it?
Can you say engine donor?

Olivier

HotRodDreamer
01-08-2006, 02:05 AM
i think people are gettin a little confused, those pictures posted by zoomzoom are not the superamerica, nor the official 600 imola. theyre just some guys idea of what the 600 might look like. in case everyone hasnt followed the superamerica, its basically a 575 with a cool roof, which is why someone said it would make sense for fujimi to make it. hopefully that clears up the confusion i was seeing =)

cyberkid
01-10-2006, 08:02 AM
is it me, or does the back end of the imola look like the back end of a hyundai coupe?
:iagree: I think so too... and the side panels.. hrm... take off the hood and roof then IMO the imola and coupe have a little too much of a look-a-like...

Meh... like it though...

bigfrit
01-10-2006, 09:24 AM
for those who are too lazy to google it, here's a pic.
http://www.carbodydesign.com/vehicles/ferrari/2004-11-24-superamerica/Ferrari%20Superamerica%206.jpg

I dunno, the awkward design of the roof might look pretty kewl in scale!

Olivier

nniemi
01-11-2006, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the info!

Quite interesting, maybe we re seeing the superamerica version just to circumvent Ferrari's licensing with fujimi for the stock 550 and 575M?

Still, I d be interested in seeing what they make of it?
Can you say engine donor?

Olivier

Licensing is probably the reason for this. Anyway, i'd really like to see any of these superamericas of the fifties:

410 Superamerica Series I (http://www.barchetta.cc/Common/Images/SN/0493SA/XLarge/0493SA.410SuperAmerica.body.26.jpg)

410 Superamerica Series II (http://www.barchetta.cc/Common/Images/Scans.Eventi/98.MSMC/XLarge/410.SA.0713SA.MSMC.004.jpg)

410 Superamerica Series III (http://www.barchetta.cc/Common/Images/Scans.Eventi/99.CC/XLarge/410.SA.1323SA.99CC.1018.jpg)

400 Superamerica (http://www.barchetta.cc/Common/Images/SN/2861SA/XLarge/400.Superamerica.2861SA.010.jpg)

-Niko

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-11-2006, 07:08 AM
i think people are gettin a little confused, those pictures posted by zoomzoom are not the superamerica, nor the official 600 imola. theyre just some guys idea of what the 600 might look like. in case everyone hasnt followed the superamerica, its basically a 575 with a cool roof, which is why someone said it would make sense for fujimi to make it. hopefully that clears up the confusion i was seeing =)

Yeah, such confusion...it's Pininfarina's idea (aka design) of the 599 GTB, aka the real Maranello replacement. In the time that I posted them (hours after they surfaced on the net), everyone was calling the car the 600 Imola, and by the next day we found out it was to be called the 599 GTB.

How could I have been so wrong :biggrin:

campenr.1
01-31-2006, 01:58 AM
Revell does teh superamerica!

Her are pics from the official website.

http://www.revell.de/typo3/de/produkte/modellbau/katalog/artikel/?id=146&L=0&ARARTN=07391

73superduty
01-31-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm having a hard time wondering if it is diecast(which it appears to be, looks akward) or if it is a plastic kit. Anyone have some good German skills or do I have to babel fish that?
EDIT:Ok, it appears to be listed in the "model" section instead of the metal section, I still have my doubts.
Chris

Cold_Fire
01-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Here from Revell website in english:
http://www.revell.de/typo3/en/products/model_kits/catalogue/article/?id=146&L=1&cmd=suche&meth=global&suchtext=superamerica&Submit=Search&lang=en

I don't think it's diecast.

Regards

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-31-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm having a hard time wondering if it is diecast(which it appears to be, looks akward) or if it is a plastic kit. Anyone have some good German skills or do I have to babel fish that?
EDIT:Ok, it appears to be listed in the "model" section instead of the metal section, I still have my doubts.
Chris

It's easy to find the same model in the English part of the website :wink:

Since it's a July issue, I'd say the picture isn't of the actual kit, probably a diecast of some sort or a very early test shot (which I doubt). I'm sure the kit will be plastic as advertised. The pic is so small it's nearly useless. If it is the prototype, it looks odd and I would hope that Fujimi offers the kit instead. I know a guy (another HHMB exile :wink: ) who owns a real Superamerica; he likes it but says it's less fun to drive than his standard 550 Maranello, partly because of the suspension and partly because of the F1 tranny. He got the Superamerica so he can be on the short list to be able to buy whatever the Enzo successor is.

Wonder if Revell will make the roof actually operate? If they are careful it could happen, even in scale. All the trim and visible mechanism for the rotating glass roof is carbon fiber; very neat detailing if you ever get to see one up close.

ferrari2k
01-31-2006, 09:57 AM
It's easy to find the same model in the English part of the website :wink:

Since it's a July issue, I'd say the picture isn't of the actual kit, probably a diecast of some sort or a very early test shot (which I doubt). I'm sure the kit will be plastic as advertised. The pic is so small it's nearly useless. If it is the prototype, it looks odd and I would hope that Fujimi offers the kit instead. I know a guy (another HHMB exile :wink: ) who owns a real Superamerica; he likes it but says it's less fun to drive than his standard 550 Maranello, partly because of the suspension and partly because of the F1 tranny. He got the Superamerica so he can be on the short list to be able to buy whatever the Enzo successor is.

Wonder if Revell will make the roof actually operate? If they are careful it could happen, even in scale. All the trim and visible mechanism for the rotating glass roof is carbon fiber; very neat detailing if you ever get to see one up close.
As I am german I can tell you that this will be a plastic model and that I doubt that Revell woll bother with opening roof, but I want to be surprised by that ;)

Ferrari TR
01-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Only 80 parts and skill 9!

That would put most of the EM Fujimi's, with 200+ parts, at about skill 99!

gasman03
01-31-2006, 12:14 PM
I wish Revell Germany would let Revell USA tool up there new kits, the one pictured looks awful, and just 80 parts. I just hope it gets better when the actual kit comes out. if it had a working top that would be cool, but I bet most people will buy this kit just for the engine and chassis. and kitbash with the Fujimi kits to make a full detail 550 or 575

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-31-2006, 12:26 PM
I wish Revell Germany would let Revell USA tool up there new kits, the one pictured looks awful, and just 80 parts. I just hope it gets better when the actual kit comes out. if it had a working top that would be cool, but I bet most people will buy this kit just for the engine and chassis. and kitbash with the Fujimi kits to make a full detail 550 or 575

Revell shouldn't post pics like that because all it does is stir up a bunch of wild-ass guesses/conjecture/rumor.

Revell Germany has been having new tooling done in China just like the Revell USA stuff.

The kit is 7 months from being available, nobody should assume the pic on their website is at all accurate for the upcoming kit. If the kit were as far along as that bad picture would indicate, then it would be on the street a lot sooner. Don't give up hope.

At 80 parts, I wonder if it will have an engine at all. The 612 has 122 pieces and is full-detail, and the two cars are mechanically similar. 80 parts might very well mean it's a curbside. Or they could be doing what they've been doing all along, repackaging someone else's kit. Who knows, this might actually be a Fujimi kit. Pure speculation; but that's all anyone has at this point unless they actually know someone inside Revell that can answer the questions.

73superduty
01-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the clarifications Bob and others.
Bob, Any chance you'd be able to take some detailed pictures of the exiled HHMb'ers Superamerica? I have yet to see one up close and personal. Hopefully at the next Italian meet in the fall of '06.

As far as swapping engines to the Fujimi 550/575's, I have that planned down the road, thanks to Hobby Lobby's half price sales I have plenty of 612 donor kits! LOL

Oh, and Bob, yeah, thanks for pointing out the obvious "ENGLISH" version. Some days you laugh at the idiots and some days you are the idiot. Guess what day it is for me! :grinno::screwy:

At any rate I'll hold judgement until I have one in hand. I do look forward to the kit though.
Chris

Exotics_Builder
01-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Only 80 parts and skill 9!

That would put most of the EM Fujimi's, with 200+ parts, at about skill 99!

Revell AG has a tendency to put skill level 9 on a new tool before its close to release. They did that for the Skag and F430.

But I like your comparison. What skill level would that make a Pocher kit? :rolleyes:

blubaja
01-31-2006, 09:27 PM
A new and previously unknown roof concept, in which electrochromatic technology is used in a large glass area, has with the Superamerica been fitted to a production car for the first time.

This roof transforms the car from a coupé into a cabriolet in just a few seconds, thereby adding the advantages of a thoroughbred coupé to the typical characteristics of an open sports car.

That roof should be a clear part no? I can see how they can make it happen. Use a decal, or sticker as the tinted part. It would be nice if there was 2 roofs also. But..o well. That kit does look dumpy so far though.

hirofkd
01-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Actually 80 parts is good enough for a curbside. Fujimi's 550 kit has exactly 80 parts; 67 plastic, 4 rubber tires, 4 screws, 1 metal rod and 4 polyethylene caps. If Fujimi announces Super America before the spring hobby show, I'd say both are basically the same kit. Personally, I wish companies share mold more often, so they don't have to duplicate work and make variety of subjects instead. (Hello Revell Germany! Mercedes SLR, 997 Carrera, Veyron?!)

Add your comment to this topic!