Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1991 PA headlights

rameier
01-06-2006, 09:13 AM
My PA headlights stopped working yesterday. The sentinal seems to not function. The high beams come on OK, but not the low. Am I missing something here, or is it the twilight Sentinal?

wrightz28
01-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Fuse?

rameier
01-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Fuse?

Thanks, started there. Turned out to be the security system via the ignition module.

jeminyned
01-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks, started there. Turned out to be the security system via the ignition module.

Hello - I have the same problem with my '91 P.A. - Dims won't work, only the high beams. Just wanted to know what you did to fix it and how much did it cost you? Thanks in advance for any advice/answers you guys can give me.

rameier
01-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Hello - I have the same problem with my '91 P.A. - Dims won't work, only the high beams. Just wanted to know what you did to fix it and how much did it cost you? Thanks in advance for any advice/answers you guys can give me.

The lights will come on with the ignition. The security system controls this via the ignition module. We decided to replace the module. During the removal a broken wire was detected and then repaired. Has worked ever since. Saved $300.00 on an ignition module.

Rick

jeminyned
01-24-2006, 06:22 AM
The lights will come on with the ignition. The security system controls this via the ignition module. We decided to replace the module. During the removal a broken wire was detected and then repaired. Has worked ever since. Saved $300.00 on an ignition module.

Rick

$300.00!! Geez!! That's a great savings for you, I probably won't be so lucky. Just where exactly would I find the ignition module - under the hood or tucked away deep within the bowels of the dashboard also, and what does it look like? Thanks, jerry:confused:

Add your comment to this topic!