Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I got robbed......for a sticker.....

Chiquae07
01-06-2006, 02:05 AM
I was just chillin wit some friends @ BK(burger king) and i guess we were in there too long and someone stole my back lisence plate.....

i filed report n all with police to get new stickers and plates for 7 bucks from dmv, but i was wondering what you guys have done to keep people from stealling your '06 stickers for registration saying you passed emissions and such.

im thinking on going along a line of getting a clear cover for it, use 1 allen wrench bolt and 1 phillips bolt...any other ideas would be appreciated..... now i gotta be super careful if i see the cops for awhile..... no plates at all on car.....

-The Stig-
01-06-2006, 03:39 AM
lol you got jacked.

YOINKS!

I just use a razor blade to cut the tag so they can't peel it off... if they want my plate, fine... I'm not going to stress over it.

TheStang00
01-06-2006, 09:24 AM
wow thats retarded, what a loser. the razor blade idea sounds like a good one to me.

lol when i first saw the post i thought someone stuck u up for a nos sticker or something :lol:

clawhammer
01-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Somehow tape a razor blade under the sticker so when they try to peel it off, they would end up cutting themselves.

DetroitMuscle
01-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Just get anti theft liscense plate bolts with a cover, i use a torq head one for mine, that or a socket style one, most thieves who fvck with cars usually carry only 3 tools on them.

CBFryman
01-06-2006, 12:31 PM
There are screws i use to prevent audio theft, they are block heads with a circle in the center. you can get them at Partsexpress.com. however they are self tapping and i dont know if they make them as bolts.

rice(er)
01-06-2006, 12:31 PM
oh dammmm...sorry mang, yeah at first i was like "wtf, they stole your nismo plate?" haha....

TheStang00
01-06-2006, 01:23 PM
oh dammmm...sorry mang, yeah at first i was like "wtf, they stole your nismo plate?" haha....

that isnt really a nismo plate there... :chair:

streetrcr45
01-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Don't trip about not having any license plates, as long as you have proof of registration in your car with you, you shouldn't get a ticket.

I've had my plates jacked before too, all i said to the cop was that my license plates were recently stolen, and the new ones were being sent to me. Showed him my license and registration and i was set to go.

drdisque
01-06-2006, 05:56 PM
They usually steal the plates to stick them on stolen or black-market cars, not to make it look like they passed inspection.

-The Stig-
01-06-2006, 06:26 PM
They usually steal the plates to stick them on stolen or black-market cars, not to make it look like they passed inspection.

word.

Drifty
01-06-2006, 06:44 PM
lol when i first saw the post i thought someone stuck u up for a nos sticker or something :lol:

Same Thnig I thought :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chiquae07
01-07-2006, 12:54 AM
its not the fact about being pulled over for not having plates, its the 1 hr 45 min wait at the dmv......i just dont wanna do it again....

o and this damn crap state, u are required for front lisence plates... otherwise i wouldn't use it.... and what do you mean by razor blade redneck.....i wonder if that would work, put a razor blade in the sticker.... but all they must have seen my car b4....got a screwdriver cuz they took the screws too

what 3 tools do they carry usually?

kris
01-08-2006, 04:34 PM
I use torx bolts.

http://www.extralite.com/imagesbike/ExtraBolt%201.jpg

Chiquae07
01-09-2006, 01:06 AM
and where am i post to get these? i think imma do an allen bolt with a torx

CBFryman
01-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Lowes should have them, its a ocmmon automotive screw/bolt head

Chiquae07
01-10-2006, 02:24 PM
o well...im done looking. now i got a flat head one with an allen key one, each of those to screws on each plate...now all i need is the plastic cover for the plate, i want an all clear one, but i dont trust the ones for 4 bucks @ target for some reason....

Add your comment to this topic!